RB-120 Review

manufacturer: Rogue date: 06/13/2005 category: Bass Amplifiers
120 watt combo. Good combo for the price if you are a beginner and don't have a lot of money to spend.
 6.7
 8.5
 4.9
reviews (2) user comments vote for this gear:
RB-120 Reviewed by: creed861, on december 11, 2003

Sound: I play with a OLP MM2 and I love it and it just sounds so good with the amp. One promblem I do have with this amp are the setting it takes along time for me at least to get that right sound. This amp comes with no distortion witch also is a bad side. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I ludge this amp around alot and it is really durabile. When we play gigs I only bring one amp and this is the one. I've had this amp for 2 years and never had a promblem with it. // 10

Overall Impression: My Style of music is alot of funkey bass riffs along with a rock style. And it's perfect for what I do. I have been playing for about 4 years and i have never had a amp this good. If i ever broke it or drop it I would go out and buy it again. Just because for the price you can't beat it. I like this Amp and All Rouge products. // 10

RB-120 Reviewed by: capkangaroo2005, on june 13, 2005

Purchased from: Mucisansfriend

Sound: I play my Johnson P-Bass and my Cort Slammer though this and they both have P-Bass pickups and they both sound good though it. This amp is really noisey if you have your instrument plugged in the high input channel. I use the high channel for live shows and the low one for practice. The low one still will shake the house if you have it up half way. This bass doesn't distort at high volumes unless your all the way cranked up in a room. If you have it all the way up in nice open spaces it will sound clear. That's what is nice about this amp, it doesn't know distortion. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I depend on it for gigs. I don't use a backup because I don't have one so it should work by itself just fine. This amp has never broken down on me and I'm hoping it will stay that way for a while. // 8

Overall Impression: I play all kinds of music and I play my Johnson P-Bass and my Cort Slammer and that's about it. And it works great. There's nothing I wish I asked before buying this amp. If this amp went missing I would buy the same thing or mabey upgrade if I had a little more money. I love how it is really powerful for a 120W and I hate it because I never get to crank it up in my house without breaking glasses. My favorite feature is the volume because it controls how loud I can crank it up which is +15 baby! I wish it had distortion but that's not that big of deal to me. If you were going to compare this to any other bass amp it would be its little brother the RB60 but hands down this one beats it or the Beringer 120W one. I would choose this one because it has a 15" speaker. It might not have good quality sound but it will hold up better in live shows. // 8

More Rogue reviews rating category latest review
+ Analog Chorus 7.3 Guitar Effects 02/03/2014