Blue Cab 60 Review

manufacturer: Warwick date: 07/05/2007 category: Bass Amplifiers
Warwick: Blue Cab 60
The Blue Cab 60 is a serious bass combo that comes loaded with great features for the practicing and performing bassist. Small enough to easily move around, yet powerful enough for small gigs, the Blue Cab 60 also features two RCA auxillary inputs that are located on the front panel for you to plug in your MP3 player, CD player or drum machine. There is also a auxillary input that makes it very easy to balance levels. A powerful 12-inch speaker, a ported cabinet and a unique tilt-back feature all work perfectly together to create a dynamic bass combo for the serious musician.
 9.2
 8.8
 9.6
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Blue Cab 60 Reviewed by: Mr_Pleb_Mgoo, on july 05, 2007

Sound: It's hard to tell because a lot of stuff rattles in here. But this amp is capable of putting out some really chunky sound. I play mainly heavy metal and progessive rock, and it seems to keep up damn well. The Equalizer really does wonders on this, unlike other amps I've used. Cranked up loud it still stays fairly clean, you're not going to hear any distortion it makes over the drums or guitars. I'm using an Ibanez SR100 so it's not the best bass-guitar in the world. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Hasn't broken down yet, the kick guard is very sturdy, and the general amp construction is damn strong. I don't know if I'd use it without a backup, but it certainly shows no signs of f--king up any time soon. One thing that does bug me is the powercord, it fell out one during a storm where we'd had random power failures and surges, and I thought it had blown up my Brand New amp. // 10

Overall Impression: I recommend this amp for people wanting a decent jam/rehearsal amp without paying through the nose for it. It matches my style of progessive and metal, it also has a good punch to the slap and popping bass. It sounds good on my crappy Ibanez SR-100, and I love the effects send/return options and the line-out. I compared this (rather unfairly) to a Behringer 450w combo amp. I got this one for reliability, and because the Behringer wasn't particularly impressive. // 9

More Warwick reviews rating category latest review
+ Corvette Standard Fretless 8.9 Bass Guitars 02/02/2011