Sweet 152 Review

manufacturer: Warwick date: 03/06/2009 category: Bass Amplifiers
Warwick: Sweet 152
Sweet 15.2 150W 1x15 Bass Combo Amp Features: 150 Watts power, 15-inch speaker, HF Horn which can be switched off, 8-band graphic EQ.
 8.5
 7.9
review (1) pictures (2) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Sweet 152 Reviewed by: wouldyakindly, on march 06, 2009

Sound: I currently play through it with a Rickenbacker 4003, fingerstyle with full tone. I have played a variety of basses through it, but I tend to come back to the ricky for obvious reasons. I play mostly in a hard rock setting and it handles an aggressive, twangy tone very well. I can also get very smooth, rounded tones even on my Rickenbacker. There is no compression, which might annoy some and no distortion out of the box, however if you have enough money to buy this amp, you can probably afford a Drive pedal. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It's built in germany, which pretty much says it all. There are no visible imperfections what'soever on this amp. The sound quality is pretty flawless even at high volumes. Still, if you turn the volume and gain full you can overload the speaker, which makes a pretty nasty sound, but I'd assume that the amp was designed this way to allow you to give you more tonal options between the gain and volume. // 10

Overall Impression: A good, powerful amp which is excellent value for money. I'd recommend it for any bassist looking for a mid range amp to compete with drums and perhaps do small gigs. It should suit most styles and is constructed pretty flawlessly. If it got lost I wouldn't buy another one, I'd get a slightly more powerful amp, but it would almost definitely be a Warwick. // 9

More Warwick reviews rating category latest review
+ Corvette Standard Fretless 8.9 Bass Guitars 02/02/2011