XM100C Review

manufacturer: Yorkville date: 01/12/2007 category: Bass Amplifiers
Yorkville: XM100C
The new XM100C is Yorkville's most affordable single 15 speaker bass combo amplifier. Delivering 100 Watts of clean power, its specially tuned compact enclosure yields amazing sound for players who demand the best in value and portability.
 9.5
 9.9
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
XM100C Reviewed by: peavey_bass, on january 12, 2007

Sound: I play a Peavey Millenium (two J-style pickups) through this amp, and it sounds great! I play a wide range of music, and this amp can do it all. Anything from Red Hot Chili Peppers, to NOFX, to Metallica. I have yet to get distortion from this amp, and I'm very impressed. Like I said, the scoop function makes it very easy to change your tone. Now what most of you are thinking: is the amp loud enough? The answer is yes! This baby can rattle walls and windows with out going above volume 3. It will be more then enough for small clubs/gigs. // 9

Reliability & Durability: To start off, what other brand gives you a 2 year "even if you break it" warranty. Then an 8 year warranty on the speaker and cabinet. So a 10 years warranty in total. Plus it's transferable. Can you say reliable? I would gig with this amp with no back up any day. Heck I would even drop this down my stairs and it would still play a gig. Good job Yorkville at building this brick shithouse! // 10

Overall Impression: I have been playing for about 6 months and this amp makes me sound like I've been playing for years. It also makes my $300 bass sound like one twice it's cost. I'm very happy with this amp, I don't really kno how it could get any better. It has the perfect size to power ratio. Not to big in size, yet still has lots of raw bass sound. very good there. Now if this amp was stolen, I would hunt the guy down, beat him to death, steal his first born child and the Yorkville back plus make him buy me another one just so I could have two of these wonderful amps. In all seriousness, if anything did happen to the amp, I would not hessitate to replace it with the same one. This is one great amp, you wont be dissapointed! // 9

Comments