GEB-7 7-Band Bass EQ Review

reviews (2) pictures (3) 5 comments vote for this gear:
GEB-7 7-Band Bass EQ Reviewed by: lorrythebassguy, on april 17, 2009

Price paid: € 29

Purchased from: Local resale shop

Ease of Use: Well it does what it says on the tin... it's a 7-Band bass EQ pedal, it's grey, and looks like every other Boss pedal. It's really easy to use, you just move one of the sliders to cut or boost each frequency band. There is also a volume slider, which works in the same way. I bought it second hand, but I used the online instructions, which were helpful, and included some recommended settings. // 9

Sound: I used it with my Fender Marcus Miller Jazz Bass through my Ashdown EB12 and various other pedals. The pedal works well, and does what it's supposed to. The recommended settings work well, and I'm able to achieve my own sound easily. The volume control is very handy if you need to boost the volume for a particular song, or to do the opposite. Bearing in mind mine is second hand, it works really well! The only problem I have, is that the high frequency bands don't seem to work very well, and there is minimal difference. The pedal works well if you have a preset slap eq, and then Switch between that and the EQ on your amp. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Like all Boss stomp boxes, it's built like a tank and will last a while. This is secondhand, bashed about and still works fine! The only problem I find is that the plastic covers on the sliders break really easily, so look out for that. I'de happily use this pedal without a backup. // 8

Overall Impression: The pedal does what it's supposed to, and do is it well. It's solidly built and sounds great. The recommended settings are useful as starter ideas to find your own sounds & I would happily recommend this pedal to anybody that needs an EQ pedal. It works especially well for slap & finger styles. I own several basses (Fender) and it works equally as well with each! If it were lost or stolen, I would defineately invest in another! // 8

GEB-7 7-Band Bass EQ Reviewed by: BigRiver374, on february 29, 2012

Purchased from: Bob's Guitars

Ease of Use: Once you have a handle on how each level works, getting the perfect desired tone out of this convenient little pedal is really easy. The manual contained easy instructions as well as suggestions for how to use and set this pedal. // 10

Sound: I usually play an Epiphone Thunderbird or Fender P-Bass through this to a Crate BT-50 bass amp. The pedal adds zero, nada, zilch extra noise and always sounds great. I've used this guy to achieve jazz tones, grindy metal, warm and smooth, and funky slap and pop sounds. This thing does it all! // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've had this pedal for almost three years and have never had a problem or a concern. // 10

Overall Impression: Bass players are very different from guitar players when it comes to effects. Effects can really enrich the sound of a guitar; however, adding effects to a bass can instantly muddy and drain your tone. HOWEVER, this convenient tool is one of the few effects I believe all bassists should have if they are looking to enrich their sound and level of versatility. // 10

More Boss reviews rating category latest review
+ ME-50B Bass Multi Effects Processor 8.5 Bass Effects 11/20/2014