BP355 Review

review (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
BP355 Reviewed by: nirsul, on june 28, 2011

Price paid: € 158

Purchased from: Thomann.de

Ease of Use: The unit is very easy to use/edit - a typical DigiTech matrix which is so easy and quick to edit. The manual is quite easy to read and understand and basically - you will not need it , maybe to check the full name of the pedal simulations. A downloadable XEdit software will quciken the editing process and the PC USB response is very quick - just seat infront of your PC screen - your bass on your lap and start editing and testing to your hreat's content. // 10

Sound: I used it so far with an active Ibanez + a passive Warwick - in som e of the presets it may sound a bit too low and I use the compressor to force an amplification. Some effects are just to showcase the capabilities but I did not find them to be that usefull. I am not a pro so I cannot compare the FX simulations to their real pedals but I can tell you I was having a great time testing each. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I haven't had the chance to take it to rehersals and my band doesn't gig so I am unable to tell - you should check the RP355 reviews which has the same chassis. it looks and feels very sturdy and durable. I wish it had a nice gig bag like the one that comes with the Behringer V-AMP - This could protect the BP355 when out gigging. // 10

Overall Impression: I wish it had an On/Off button. I haven't and have no intention to use the looper. The pedal switching of the A/B amps is great. The tuner is a weak point - I had a difficulty to tune the Lower B (on my 5 strings Warwick Corvette) and it just did not respond to it! The drum macjine is nice but the Zoom B2 had a better sounding one (the BP has 60 patterns where as the Zoom only 40) I would give it a 10 but the tuner issue is annoying. // 9

More DigiTech reviews rating category latest review
+ RP355 8.6 Guitar Effects 08/04/2014