Stereo Clone Theory Review

8.8
review (1) pictures (2) user comments vote for this gear:
Stereo Clone Theory Reviewed by: lorrythebassguy, on april 20, 2009

Purchased from: second hand

Ease of Use: Firstly, this review is for the pedal used with bass guitar! The Pedal is easy to use and has only three controls, mode, Depth & rate. Mode 1 has a preset depth, mode two allows you to adjust both rate and depth, and the tremolo mode also uses both controls. It is easy to use and it doesnt't take long to find a good sound. The manual was great, and also came with a CD. The stereo output is also a handy feature to have. // 9

Sound: I use the pedal with my Fender Marcus Miller bass & Ashdown EB12 amp. Mode 1 is really easy to use and is a very useable sound, which is good for rounding out your bass tone. Mode 2 is for the more crazier sounds, and again, some cool effects can be found. The tremolo is strange, it's not a sound I personally would use, but it works well. I tend you use this setting with Slap bass, as it seems to add a lot of attack and definition. On the downside, the pedal is quite noisey and you would probably have to use a noise gate, especially if used with distortion. Overall it sounds great, but remember to turn it off when not in use. I usually use it to get a Duff McKagan type full and rounded sound. I don't find it takes away any bass, but it does add treble. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It's built like a tank as always. The output jacks seem abit loose but that was soon fixed. I bought this pedal off a guy who had be given it, and it was an unused and unwated gift, so it's practically Brand New. The metal chassis is of good quality. I'm abit worried about the plastic knobs, but I'm sure they'll last a while. Either way, no worries here! // 9

Overall Impression: I play Rock & Blues, and this pedal is a handy one to have! I use it mainly to round out my sound, and to get a Duff McKagan type sound. I use it mainly with my Boss GEB-7 Bass equalizer pedal to help shape my tone. All three modes are very useable, and can be used to create your own unique sounds, as well as the "come as you are" sound people go mad for. I just wish the pedal wasn't as noisey, but this isnt that much of a problem. it's well built, and will have a permanent place on my pedalboard. If it were lost I would definately buy another. // 9

More Electro-Harmonix reviews rating category latest review
+ Knockout Attack Equalizer 8.5 Guitar Effects 04/14/2014