Bass-Drive Mosfet Review

manufacturer: Fulltone date: 06/17/2009 category: Bass Effects
Fulltone: Bass-Drive Mosfet
It has a heavy-gauge steel chassis, solid footswitches and hardy plastic knobs with setscrew attachment. The design is exceptionally clever and versatile.
 Ease of Use: 9
 9.4
 9.8
review (1) pictures (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
Bass-Drive Mosfet Reviewed by: Bassmaster2000, on june 17, 2009

Price paid: € 225

Purchased from: Feedback

Ease of Use: The pedal is fairly easy to use. I got my Fulltone delivered with an instruction manual telling what every knob and channel does plus suggestions to certain sounds. Only problem I had is the changing between different modes, f.e. between the clean comp-cut mode and the Fm mode, which is an overdrive mode. // 9

Sound: I use it with my Squire VM Precision and my self-build amp at home and at a gig my Behringer BXL 3000a. The effect without boost has always improved my sound with more tone and improved low end. I mainly play in the clean channel and through the boost channel you can add slight distortion. In the FM mode you can get a really transparent overdrive with more high end. In the Vintage mode you get more mid and bass to get a real growly sound. You can also add Mosfet clipping to the FM and Vintage channels to get more bottom-end, more growl and nice overtones. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This pedal is built like a tank and even looks like a tank. Made entirely out of metal and with the mini-toggle switches buried between the different knobs it's almost impossible to break something off the pedal. With it's tank-like build plus 5-year warranty you'll never need another one. It will survive every gig. // 10

Overall Impression: In my current band I play a lot of classac rock, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, ZZ Top etc. To play this kind of music I needed something to give me a rougher edge when I needed it but also give me a better clean sound. The Fulltone bass-Drive mosfet gives me all that and more with a boost channel to occasionally pop out a bass solo. If it was stolen I would certainly buy a new one. // 10

More Fulltone reviews rating category latest review
+ Catalyst CT-1 8.3 Guitar Effects 07/18/2014