Bass POD XT Review

manufacturer: Line 6 date: 01/08/2008 category: Bass Effects
Line 6: Bass POD XT
Bass POD XT gives you world-class tone from the stage to the studio. With over 50 must-have stompbox, studio, and synth effects with flexible routing (6 simultaneous), and over 28 classic and modern amp models, and 22 cabinet models, Bass POD XT has everything you'll need to create a monstrous bass tone.
 Ease of Use: 7
 7.1
 6.1
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Bass POD XT Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 08, 2008

Ease of Use: I own this Bass Pod for almost 5 years now, thought I'd give a review after some serious use. The Bass Pod is pretty standard fare for Line6. It has both amp modeling features as well as effects such as reverb and phase shifting etc. A quick visit to Line 6's website will give you all those specs. You can edit your own patches tho I've never had to. Programming is a little funky but once you get used to it, it's easy. The POD has a built-in tuner which is nice, also when we take breaks, I switch to the tuner which blocks the output to the amp so I can unplug without turning anything off. The POD is basically plug-n-play immediately. Just turn it on and go for newbies. Even without the manual, you can investigate different tones right away. The manual is good and provides lots of info. There's a headphone jack for quiet playing. It's got a D.I. so I can have the amp model on my stage amp and also give the front of the house a line out. It's a few years old now and still works flawlessly. I carry mine around in a little microphone road case. // 7

Sound: The POD is dead-quiet. All of the effects are pretty good. I'd hoped the chorus was a tad warmer but it's easy to EQ. Some of the patches are almost setup by artist, like a patch to "sound like" Geddy Lee or John Entwistle (their typical axes, gear, and amps). I output my guitar into the POD and output the POD into a crown stereo power head. I keep one bass bottom on the left side of the stage and one on the right. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've never had a problem with it. It did "stop working" when the output volume is cranked to 10 for more than an hour (overheating? overdriven?) nevertheless, it never broke down or permanently stopped working. Corrected that by lowing the output volume and making the amp louder. // 9

Overall Impression: I have been playing bass since 1978. I play everything in rock, blues, some jazz, and slap funk bass. I don't play with a pick. I don't play hard metal. I only play 4-string basses. My main bass is custom-made. My backup bass is a Spector. I would buy another one. I was playing a DigiTech BP-8, too big, too noisey. My fave features are the POD's small size and the patch choices. // 8

More Line 6 reviews rating category latest review