Bass PODxt Live Review

manufacturer: Line 6 date: 08/13/2007 category: Bass Effects
Line 6: Bass PODxt Live
The power of Bass PODXT is now at your feet! Included are over 50 stompbox, synth, and studio effects, 28 bass amp models, plus 22 cab and 4 mic models. With its rugged steel construction, Bass PODXT Live is ready to take years of real world gig abuse.
 Ease of Use: 8
 8.2
 7.4
review (1) 13 comments vote for this gear:
Bass PODxt Live Reviewed by: harl91, on august 13, 2007

Ease of Use: The Line 6 Bass Podxt Live, coming completely stock comes with 16 channels each with 4 effect on each. Every single one is different, and surprising useful for stock effects. Your going to have to read the manual though if you want to make a home channel, delete effect, or edit them. Once you get the hang of it, it's not every hard to edit. I found out that you can upload effects to your computer and vise versa. People even upload them to the Line 6 tone library, on there website. it's a really cool feature, just load the effects of your favorite artists, and wallah! Even if you don't have the cord cause you lost it, or didn't get one (like me, I was so pissed) you can download the Line 6 editing device and see what exactly makes that tone. Takes alittle bit of work, but you get the same effect. // 8

Sound: The sound is excellent! It's got almost every effect, stomp, amp that you can think of. Yes, it comes with amp tones so you can plug right into a PA, say bye bye to your amp. The only thing that I have to complain about is the synth. It just doesn't sound right. Try it out, you'll understand. Also, if you have a Line 6 Variax bass, you can plug it in in a special slot. That combined with the POD = better then the pick of destiny. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I depend on this thing alot. It's reliable, and pretty durable from what I've found. I wouldn't plan to throw it around due to the fact that it has some sensitive chips in it. You don't need to worry about having 4 pedals in series and if one fails, they all do cause this thing plug straight into the wall unlike other pedals. Only thing wrong with it is my wah pedal makes a squeaking sound. And a little L.E.D. cover came off. // 9

Overall Impression: Whatever style of music you play, you can make your bass sound like anything. You name it, it can do it. I've been playing with this thing for about a year, and it's been a smooth ride. The thing I like about it is that now everything is all in one (beside my tones on my bass). I've set up the first two channels with the tones I use most. There is room to put more if I need it. If someone stole it, I would buy it again. Don't try stomping in it with bare feet! // 9

More Line 6 reviews rating category latest review