Paranormal Review

9.3
review (1) pictures (3) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Paranormal Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 14, 2009

Purchased from: MusiciansFriend

Ease of Use: This pedal has a GREAT sound. It basically articulates your tone with an active EQ. There are endless setting when it comes to a basic three band EQ, but with that and a dedicated slap switch, your sound can be boosted in many ways. This is, of course, if you're running through your amp. This is a direct box, therefor you can use it also to run through druing recording or straight into the front of the house PA. Everything on top of the Seymour Duncan brand name. // 10

Sound: I use two basses mainly and I own another one that I run once in a while: ESP B-55 (Main Bass), Ibanez SR300, Squier P-Bass with DiMarzio Split P pickups. I run though this pedal alone into an Ampeg BA115T(Tube) amp. The pedal does not, surpirsingly, add any noice when activated, although if the amp is on and you activate the pedal there is a little feedback when you click "Bypass". Any way you set this pedal, the sound will be custom to your liking. It's got a ground lift in the back of the unit so you're set there as well. All I wish this pedal had overdrive. That would make this pedal perfect for truly all styles of music. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It is built like a TANK. Throw it, shank it, do what you will -- this pedal will last. I would take it to a gig with no back up. There are three ways of power supply to this pedal, battery, phantom power, and 9V plug. There really is no need to have a back up pedal, seeing as if ANYTHING goes wrong you can just adjust your amp. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a lot of music, so I play many styles. My main ones are metal, alt. rock, pop punk, and jazz. This pedal can shape to any particular sound you are looking for. You can also use it as a solo click-on, where you set a very distinctive EQ to click on just during a certain part of a song, and the click it off for the rest of your set. If it was stolen or lost, I would highly consider buying another one. I love what it does to my overall tone and sound. I wish it had a built in overdrive. The best feature for me has to be the dedicated "Slap Contour" switch - boosting the bass and cutting the mids for a curved tone great for slapping. This is the best looking direct box for someone like me. // 9

More Seymour Duncan reviews rating category latest review