607 Review

manufacturer: Zoom date: 05/11/2004 category: Bass Effects
Zoom: 607
The pedal features 35 effects types (9 simultaneously), 42 patch locations, a specific Drive knob selecting 11 Drive Types.
 Ease of Use: 8
 7.7
 8.5
 6.8
review (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
607 Reviewed by: Biohazard, on may 11, 2004

Ease of Use: Well I got this for my bday and I must say that I'm impressed. I had some trouble figuring out how to turn it on, but once I found out, it was smooth sailing. It's really easy to use until you get to the knobs and the complex sound combinations, but even those are pretty easy to figure out. It wasn't too much of a hassle to figure out. // 8

Sound: I use a Washburn XB100 bass and a Kustom 10 watt amp. I have used it on other amps and the low wattage on my amp doesn't do this effects board justice. Some effects are really hard to make out. You'll be playing and it'll sometimes sound like your using no effects at all unless you turn your stuff up all the way (keep in mind I use a 10 watt amp). I listen to alot of Red Hot Chili Peppers, Linkin Park, and Offspring and I can hit every effect that Flea, Phoenix, or Greg K uses. There are some really weird effects and ome normal effects such as wah's and distortion. This one distortion effect is by far my fav effect. However, this effects board has 6 effects numbers to 6 different letters (ex: A1 - A6) and the whole F category is very annoying. Other than that it's great. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I can always depend on this to get me a sound I come up with in my mind. It has so many different ranges of effects from wah's to synthesizers. If I were to play a show with this, I wouldn't need anything else. The battery usage is great too. I haven't had to change batteries for a month of non-stop usage of this board. // 10

Overall Impression: I play funk and punk music and this board is great for each genre. If it were stolen or lost, I would definately buy it again, but get a better amp than the one I have now. I have to say that the distortion on the effects board is what I love best about it. It also has a tuner in it that is really easy to use. I can't stand the annoying effects though so I cant give a perfect score. // 8

More Zoom reviews rating category latest review
+ G1on 9.2 Guitar Effects 09/11/2014