CVB20 Review

manufacturer: Canvas date: 08/16/2011 category: Bass Guitars
Canvas: CVB20
This bass is very good sounding with folk, classic rock, ska, and punk rock. My overall impression of this guitar is that if you want something that will sound good, last you a long time, and continuously perform, you should consider investing in one.
 7.7
 9.2
 6.2
review (1) pictures (2) 3 comments vote for this gear:
CVB20 Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 16, 2011

Features: - Made in China - 20 medium frets - Laminated top - Maple neck with a Basswood body - Golden Flamped Maple finish on the body - Les Paul style body - Passive pickups - Controls are a 3-way selector, and volume knobs for both pickups - Double jazz pickup in the back, Precision pickup at the neck // 9

Sound: I like to play around with different styles for my genres of music. This bass is very good sounding with folk, classic rock, ska, and punk rock. I currently am using an Ibanez 15B bass amp, and this bass can play very clean and rich through it. The tone is a bit more mellow than other basses, and is very warm and full. You can make it sound very good through different styles of play, and it blends in well with the different sounds. The friend I bought it from was formerly a folk musician, and this bass works extremely well with folk and Acoustic styles. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The only major complaint that I have about this guitar is that it's got a heavy neck, which can lead to neck dive if you're not careful. That can be adjusted and fixed though. Everything else on this bass is perfect, I would recommend getting new strings than the standard strings though. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has withstood live shows. Considering it's built like a behemoth with how heavy the thing is, I doubt you'd get any major problems from dropping it. The strap buttons are extremely well done on this guitar, and they continue to hold on snug. The finish is fantastic and will stay on the guitar's body. // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression of this guitar is that if you want something that will sound good, last you a long time, and continuously perform, you should consider investing in one. This is one of the better basses I've played, and compared to my old Ibanez, this blows it right out of the water. // 10

Comments