CJD-MMB Review

8.6
 4.8
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
CJD-MMB Reviewed by: Johnny Blade, on june 19, 2006

Features: Made in 2004, 21 frets, rosewood fingerboard and thin neck, body is alder and the neck is maple, finish is metallic black with a white pickguard, Precision bass style body, Tune-O-Matic bridge, 1 volume and 2 tone controls, standard bass pickups, non-locking standard bass tuners, gig bag and strap was included with purchase. // 8

Sound: This bass has a really chunky sound. Great for playing metal and rock type tunes. The amp that I use this with is a Jade Storm 25. It is ot noisy at all. I don't play bass guitar myself, I play lead guitar. I use this in the studio do some bass recordings myself when the bass player dosn't come in. All in all this bass could be used for playing any genre of music. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was setup fine from the factory. The pickups were adjusted perfectly. Did not contain any flaws whatsoever. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar most probably could withstand live playing but it stays in the studio. The hardware dose seem like it will last and it dosn't get played that often so it will last longer than one getting played all the time. It could be gigged with without a backup but I don't think that my bass player likes this bass too much. // 9

Overall Impression: I play mostly Black Sabbath and write my own music so this is a good match for that. I have been playing for 6 years now and own many other guitars and amps. If something happened to this that made it unplayable I would probably buy another one similar. I did compare this with various Fender basses but this one was much cheaper and I didn't want anything to fancy anyway. Would reccomend this to any one looking for a good simple bass that sound good and at a good price. // 9

Comments