3B Bass Review

6.5
 6.9
review (1) 8 comments vote for this gear:
3B Bass Reviewed by: Hazz900, on december 03, 2009

Features: It was made in the late 80's either in japan or the U.S not quite sure. It has 21 frets with an ebony fretboard, doted inlays and not any tribal pattern or triangular inlays. A strat style body with no scratch plate and has both Precision and jazz pick ups. An active bass with Jackson branded pick ups. It has 3-way controls and a flip switch to chose between each pick up. I did get a very good case with it and is original to the actual bass itself. It has a factoy paint job that looks very custom and was very popular in the 80's when this bass came out. // 6

Sound: It is a very loud and a heavy metal kick to it. I've only ever had it plugged into warick and a torque amp's so I'm not sure how it would sound in any other, but it does sound quite beastly to be honest. It plays The music I play very well seeing as its suited for heavy metal and thats what I like. I have a full set of Ernie Ball Super Slinky Stainless Steel strings on it with the guages of: 45, 65, 80 and 100. Overall it gives off the monsterous sound which is like your normal Fender P Bass with more grunt. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: Really good overall, it just looks amazing with it's original 'Firecrackle Finish' paint job and if you can pick up something along the same design, go for it. The controls are all very well made, the neck are all very well preserved and all writing on the bass is still notciable (logo on headstock etc..) // 6

Reliability & Durability: It is very reliable and can keep playing for a long duration of time. The finish wont come off or damage after long periods of time and hasn't done in the last 20 years it's been out there. I think if I went to a gig I would take another, just plainly because of tuning changes and the possibility of the battery dying. But yes, I would definitely play out with it. // 6

Overall Impression: It is supurb to play what I like to play, I listen to a lot of heavy metal but also Kings Of Leon and it does suit both styles. I don't see why it wouldn't suit any other. I've only been playing a few years now but it is really good. I've played on a friends Ibanez SR400 and they do sound quite similar but I would rather mine. It's best features are probably the paint work on it and it has a really cool and sharp headstock. Theres nothing really that bad about it really, but if the headstock were inverted it would be even nicer to be honest. So yeah this is generally a good buy, like I said, if you have the chance to get one, do get one. You wont regret it one bit. // 6

More Charvel And Jackson reviews rating category latest review