CEB-51 Review

manufacturer: Copley date: 08/05/2011 category: Bass Guitars
Copley: CEB-51
This bass' sound can easily fit any musical genre. Having the treble and bass knob on different settings though make the bass a little noisy through the amp.
 6.4
 3.8
review (1) pictures (2) 3 comments vote for this gear:
CEB-51 Reviewed by: PieM0nk, on august 05, 2011

Purchased from: eBay

Features: Made in China - 5 String - 24 Frets - 2 Active Jazz Pickups - Hard Maple Neck - Basswood Body - Flamed Maple Top - Die Cast Tuners - BB-265 Bridge - Chrome Hardware - 2-Band EQ - Translucent Red Finish - Cable + Allen Wrenches // 9

Sound: I mainly play Ska bass with some rock and some metal. This bass is perfect for those three. This bass' sound can easily fit any musical genre. Having the treble and bass knob on different settings though make the bass a little noisy through the amp (having bass on high and treble on low for example). When I play this bass I feel incredibly powerful from the sound that it is making. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on the bass coming out of the box was perfect. The pickups, top, and bridge were almost perfectly set-up as well. There was not a single flaw on the bass. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The durability and reliability on this bass so far is outstanding. It stays in tune, everything on it is solid, and it seems like it will last me a very long time. // 10

Overall Impression: As said before, I mainly play ska. This bass is perfect for ska and I recommend it to anyone. I have been playing for almost 6 years now and this is my fourth bass but my first five string. I also own a Lyon by Washburn 4 String, Epiphone El Segundo Acoustic/Electric 4 String, and a Peavey Millenium BXP 4 String. Before I bought this bass however I wish I could've found info on it. I found not one review of this bass which made me a bit nervous, especially since I have never heard of Copley. I am 110% satisfied though. It seems like I am playing a bass worth at least 3x the amount I paid for. I would not even hesitate to buy another bass from Copley. My thing about this bass is how full and intense the sound is of it. And it's sexiness. It is incredibly sexy! I chose this over an Ibanez Bass and I am glad I did. // 9

Comments