Action-A Review

manufacturer: Cort date: 08/17/2012 category: Bass Guitars
Cort: Action-A
If you're a beginner, an intermediate, just a gigging bassist or recording I would highly recommend this bass.
 9.2
 9.4
review (1) pictures (2) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Action-A Reviewed by: adamgur96, on august 17, 2012

Features: Die cast tuners, the neck is Canadian Hard Maple neck, rosewood fretboard, 24 frets, 34" (864mm) scale, Thin Neck, Bolt-on construction, Agathis Body, Chrome hardware, Powersound PSEB4-4/F and PSEB1-4/R Pickups, 1 volume, 1 blend, 2band active EQ. Made in Indonesia. My bass is old (like 9 years), I bought it second hand so I didn't get it brand new, but it still plays and sound awesome. // 8

Sound: It's a versatile bass, it can be good for: Classic Rock - Blues - Jazz - Hard Rock - ballad - etc. I play many styles and it always fits with whatever I play, and even though it's old it's not noisy and the notes come out clear. Since I don't have any bass distortion pedals, I use guitar distortion on it. With distortion the high strings sound like a very beefy guitar, while the low strings sound like an overdriven bass. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Because my bass is not brand new I can't tell you how it came from the factory, But when I got it the action and the set-up was perfect(one set-up and it's good to go for the next 3 or so years). The pickups never buzzed or anything, the tuning stays very well, and it plays perfectly. The previous owner had it for over 7 years so it has a few flaws in the finish. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It's clear This bass has got beaten a few times, and it's still in one piece. It's bullied to last, whether it's live playing or just practicing at home, it can make it. I never do a gig without a backup, but you most likely won't need one with this bass. The strap buttons are good just like any other ones, and the finish is thick and strong to last playing live anywhere. // 10

Overall Impression: I'm mainly a guitarist, bass is my was my second instrument. I play Prog Metal, Avant-Garde Metal, Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, etc, and it matches good. If it were stolen I wouldn't get another one like it, because I want a 6 string bass, But maybe if there was a 6 string version I would get it instead. Overall if you're a beginner, an intermediate, just a gigging bassist or recording I would highly recommend this bass. // 9

More Cort reviews rating category latest review
+ MR710F SE NAT 7.8 Acoustic Guitars 03/05/2014