GB-PB50 Review

6.5
review (1) pictures (2) 4 comments vote for this gear:
GB-PB50 Reviewed by: lion75, on january 03, 2013

Purchased from: Lazer Music

Features: My bass is manufactured in 2012 so this is a fresh from the factory and it is made in Indonesia in Cort Factory. Number of frets is 20 the scale is 34' jumbo fret and the fret board and the neck is made with Canadian hard maple but there is a rosewood one for the fret board but I manage to pick this lovely bass. The body is made from agathis the neck is made from like I said earlier it is made from Canadian hard maple. Finish is Open pore there are 3 colors red blue and ebony I choose the blue because it is the only available color for it well I love it open pore blue. The Body style for this is a Precision bass or lets just say this is a P-Bass copy you can spot it in the name of the model "PB". The bridge is a Vintage one the electronics is passive P-Bass pick-ups. The controls are tone and the volume. The tuners are like the Fender uses. Accessories included in the bass guitar is a awesome guitar bag and a tools for adjusting the bridge and the truss rod. // 10

Sound: My music style is rock, punk mostly I play green day song and blink 182 song I always play the bass with a pick on it it really suits my style I really love the sound of it the punch it can give. I'm using a 30watts practice amplifier. When you put the tone in the bass in the max setting you intend to hear a "HSSH" sound but unlike in my jazz bass the jazz bass produces a terrible "HSSH" sound when you max the tone my Cort produces a "HSSH" sound but you will not really recognize it because it is not that loud. The sound of my Cort PB50 is like a Vintage P-Bass from Fender well I guess because of the PB50 on the model name meaning a 50's model I guess so I'm hearing a Vintage sound (clean sound/settings). But when I added a tone\treble on it the sound is amazing it is like a Fender one I guess we can compare it in a Mark Hoppus Bass guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action of the bass is good in my opinion the action is great in my taste but some will not like it so Cort manage to include a tools for adjusting the settings/action. The pick-ups are well adjusted no problem for it plus the pick-ups is covered with a transparent plastic to avoid getting rust or dust and will not affect the sound of your bass. As I check the bass there are no flaws. We can say that it is a nicely built bass guitar. The bass string it uses a D'Addario. The fret wire is on good shape well like I said earlier. The bass is made in 2012 we can say that it is very fresh from the factory it self IF you are going to but it this 2012. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Well in my opinion this bass will clearly do its job in live performances it will not let you down. The hardware I think will last but I think after sometime I'll will make the bass as a project bass maybe I'm going to change the pick ups but anyway the pick-ups are great I forgot the brand of the pick-ups it is using but it is a branded one not a generic brandless pick ups. The strap button is great also but I think this is the part that we need to change in the future. I can depend on this bass I can use this without a backup bass and plus I can use the bass without hurting my shoulders why? It is because it is super LIGHTWEIGHT I think this is the lightest bass I have used in my entire life I think the bass is like 1kg I guess or LESS! The finish is open pore blue meaning it is thin so I guess you need to take extra care of it. But anyway if the color wear off it will not affect the sound of it. // 10

Overall Impression: My style of playing is mostly by the use of pick because I play punk/rock and a little bit of funk so I need to slap a little bit well when I slap it produces a great sound/tone. I play for about 2 and a half year already I have Samick Greg Bennet jazz bass my fist bass. I Really wished to get an SX bass guitar but in my country SX is like 20% more expensive than the Cort PB50 so I picked up Cort. I love all the feature of it especially being so light in weight I just don't like the strap button I don't like the style of it. I compare it to a Squire and an SX I borrowed an squire bass to my friend and test a SX to a local music store well all I can say it that Cort PB50 caught my attention not just because of the price but also because of the quality of it. // 9

More Cort reviews rating category latest review
+ MR710F SE NAT 7.8 Acoustic Guitars 03/05/2014