Embassy Standard Review

manufacturer: Epiphone date: 02/16/2007 category: Bass Guitars
Epiphone: Embassy Standard
The Embassy Standard 4-String Bass features a 34-inch scale and 4-on-a-side tuner configuration harken back to the years when the original Embassy was made in the Gibson factory in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The new Embassy's contoured double-cutaway body with extended horns ensures the perfect balance and playing comfort that modern bass players expect from a high-quality instrument.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 7.5
 Features: 8.5
 8.7
 8.5
 8.9
reviews (2) 12 comments vote for this gear:
Embassy Standard Reviewed by: (...), on february 16, 2007

Features: My Embassy Standard bass was made in 2006 in Indonesia. It has 24 frets which helps me when I play bass solos, along with a 34 inch scale. It has a walnut colored body which is laminated. The bolt-on maple neck is very comfortable and the fingerboard is made of rosewood. It has a volume control, tone control, and balance control that alter the sounds coming from the two massive humbuckers on it's body. It has pretty nice and sensitive tuners. The package I got came with a cable. // 9

Sound: This bass really fits my style of music, which is metal. It has a midrange that is well audible. It can have somewhat of a clunk to it (kind of how Steve Harris sounds) if you want it to. The only bad thing about the sound is that it buzzes slightly on the first two frets of the E, A, and D strings. I usually play this bass through a Fender Rumble series amp. The tone is thundery, resembling how other basses of this type sound. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up very nice from the factory. The only thing I did was make the E string higher to suit my playing style. The pickups were also set up very nicely. The guitar had no defects whatsoever. The workers at Epiphone check the instrument two times over to make sure it is set up properly, and has no defects. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This is a very sturdy guitar. Mine has been hit with a baseball, knocked into walls, and punched and still plays like a dream. I have had the bass for over 3 months and had not been forced to clean the hardware yet, unlike my friend Who plays an ESP and cleans it twice a month. My friend with the ESP is jealous of my strap pin, which is very sturdy by the way, because his strap always falls off. The finish is beautiful with a capital b. It is very shiny and does not rub off, even when I play with a belt on. I would depend on the bass for my life. // 10

Overall Impression: This bass is perfect for any style, but I love it with metal because it is very fast. I have been playing for almost a year now, and when I walked into the music store to try out basses, this one won by a long shot. I played a 1, 700 dollar bass and compared it to this one, and the Epiphone won! The Embassy just has the perfect body design and a great neck. If it was stolen I would buy it again. I would miss all the beautiful looks and all the compliments I get. One day at band practice, my teacher saw it and thought that it cost 1,000 dollars. I have no remorse for getting this bass. // 10

Embassy Standard Reviewed by: scottishbass123, on april 24, 2006

Features: The Epiphone Embassy Standard 4 string bass features 34" scale on a side tuner configuration. Originally made in kalamazoo michigan the bass has a double cutaway body with extended horns which ensures a perfect ballance while standing it also has passive pickups and is walnut colour. // 8

Sound: I play all sorts of music, such as, metal, hard rock, punk, funk and blues and the bass sounds great with all. If you like Metallica you will love the great sound you can get from a distortion pedal, wah and Marshall amp. It gives a great rich and full sound with a punch, good for punk and metal, but with a tone ajustment you can get a lovley bright warm sounding bass (funk, blues). The only thing is the pickups with my hand position they get in the way, sometimes. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: My bass came from the net and the action was very poorly set up, but I recently played the same bass in a local store and it was set perfectly. The brass screws in the bass have been horribly painted black and just rub of in time. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is reliable if set up properly, like all guitars, and will stand giging. It's an Epiphone so it is fairly reliable with the hardware. The strap buttons are solid just now but, you know. I have played this without a backup and is fine, not worrying at all, just always have spare strings like always. // 8

Overall Impression: This is the perfect bass for a bassist who is tight on the dosh and I would recomend it to anyone. I've been playing a while now and also have a project bass. If this was stolen I would by a Fender Jazz. I love the sound you can get from it I hate the action but it's not the basses fault. // 8

More Epiphone reviews rating category latest review
+ Les Paul Tribute Plus 8.8 Electric Guitars 11/05/2014