Les Paul Deluxe Bass Review

manufacturer: Epiphone date: 01/26/2006 category: Bass Guitars
Epiphone: Les Paul Deluxe Bass
This bass features a set neck, dual bass humbuckers, trapezoid inlays, and a three-point bridge.
 9.4
 6.6
reviews (2) 19 comments vote for this gear:
Les Paul Deluxe Bass Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 24, 2006

Features: 22 frets, super-slim neck. Honestly, the neck is skinnier than that of my Strat-clone. Alder body, flamed maple top. Ebony Satin finish, which is amazingly sexy. Nice LP tone, with the accustomed weight of the LPs. My shoulder muscles have actually gotten stronger from this bass alone. Weird style bridge, the ball ends kind of hook into the bridge. Passive electronics, which is cool, cause I couldn't afford the batteries anyway. Two Humbuckers, with individual volume and tone knobs. Locking tuners. No included accessories. // 10

Sound: It suits my music style, which is any and every thing I want to play. But, especially metal. It rocks for metal. I'm using it with a crappy guitar amp. Not a bass amp, and it still sounds great. When its distorted, the notes still ring clear. Almost no hum, even when I stand right by my amp. This is one of the most versatile basses I have played. Well, it's not great for slap, though I get along by changing my hand postions. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The only fixing I had to do was the action, but that's a preference, not a defect. The pickup, due to my own unique brand of stupidity, began to fall forward to strike the strings. Using my redneck skills, I whipped out my hot glue gun, and well, the rest is history. But, beyond those, it was perfect when I bought it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This bass will take a lot of ass-kicking. I've only dropped it once, and that was because my strap is severely retarded. Straplocks would work, but, when you are broke, yeah. I would use this bass with no backup. Several times a day. The finish has not faded, but it has scratched due to my big-ass belt buckle. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, this is the best bass I've seen for the price. I've been playing for a year, but I started guitar and switched to bass. If anybody stole this, they had better hope they got out of the country, and changed his name, and got a new social security number, because, otherwise, that person would find himself facing the business end of a hot branding iron. Every morning, noon, and night. For the next seven years. To be honest, this bass has all I could possibly want. // 10

Les Paul Deluxe Bass Reviewed by: epy, on january 26, 2006

Features: The name Epiphone seems to scare people off, but I find that in it's price range, it is unmatched. It has a 23 fret, rosewood fret board and maple neck. The body is made from alder and flamed maple top. It carries the standard Les Paul electronics except for a 3-way pickup selecting switch. My main complaint is the weight, however, weight has always been a factor in buying any standard les paul and in my opinion is worth dealing with. // 8

Sound: The sound range is tremendous. Through my Ashdown Rig I've been able to accomplish high treble sounds and very deep and rich bass sounds. This is with an equalizer though. Hooked up unaccompanied by an equalizer it tends to have more of a Jaco Growl type of sound. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got this bass ordered into my local dealer, the action was not what I expected it to be. I learned that this could be easily adjusted with the three-point bridge. Everything on the bass is easy to customize to how you like it. The finish on the guitar was much more stunning then the online image of the guitar. I was actually stunned by the resemblance to it's guitar counter-part. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The only problem I seem to have is every month the strap buttons start to come loose. Other then that I have used it through a few long gigs with out even thinking about bringing a backup. Solid axe. // 10

Overall Impression: For the price you pay, you cannot get a better bass. It suits any music style. The easy adjustments is a stand-out feature. I have no major complaints about the bass and I would recommend it to beginner and professional. // 9

More Epiphone reviews rating category latest review
+ EJ-200CE 8.2 Acoustic Guitars 12/19/2014