Les Paul Special Review

manufacturer: Epiphone date: 01/13/2009 category: Bass Guitars
Epiphone: Les Paul Special
This LP Special is a great player, fresh refin by RS Guitarworks, relic' to look like like a true road warrior! Nice fat neck and the original P90's are pure rock n' roll!
 8.6
 5.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Les Paul Special Reviewed by: roaddawg07, on january 13, 2009

Features: This bass was made in China in 2006.It's a 34" scale.The neck is super slim (it needed to be adjusted when I got it)it has 20 jumbo frets.Mine has a mahogany body with a maple top with a transparent black finish.The bridge is a badass II.It has a pair of 442 alnico bass humbuckers with 2 volume and 1 tone controls.The tuners are grover I think they are very smooth. it did not come with a case. // 9

Sound: I play some metal, mostly classic rock and some blues.I play thru a Hartke stack and my Fender bassman 25 practice amp. I have played it thru other amps and it sounds great no matter what amp I use. I am able to get a variety of sounds out of this and it suits every thing I play very well. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: As I said earlier the neck needed to be adjusted and I raised the pickups a little. The Finish was a flame maple top with a transparent black finish. all the hardware was solid and has held up well.The nut was cut too tight on the E string.I do wish I could find different pickups, something with little more output.The 442's are an odd size. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I have gigged for 2 years without a backup with this bass and will continue to.The strap buttons were solid but I replaced them with strap locks.I have strap locks on all my guitars.I changed the knobs(personal preference.)The finish is holding up fine(just a few minor scratches )and seems like it will last for quite a while. // 9

Overall Impression: The only things I some what dislike about this guitar are the pickups and it's a little heavy I love the tone and it's easy playability. A great deal for price. If it were stolen I would Hunt down the mother f--ker and kill him take back my bass and go buy another one. // 9

More Epiphone reviews rating category latest review
+ Les Paul Tribute Plus 8.8 Electric Guitars 11/05/2014