LTD B-10 Review

6.2
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
LTD B-10 Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 04, 2011

Purchased from: The Music Centre, Bedford

Features: - 24 Frets - Volume and Tone Control - Two ESP LDP Neck Pickups - Agathis Body, Rosewood Fingerboard - Maple neck It would be nice for it to have more controls, it is relatively basic, but who cares when it is functional, and good value. It did not come with any accessories, but when I brought the amp with it, I got a strap, a cloth case and a cable for free, so I spent around 300 on an Ashdown Perfect 10 30W Amp the bass and then I got the other stuff thrown in, so that made up for the bass lacking in controls, but for the price, a good deal! // 7

Sound: I generally play Rock, Heavy Rock and Heavy Metal, mainly Saxon, Kiss and AC/DC at the momoment, and the sounds it not bad. When I turn up the volume on the bass and on my amp, which is an Ashdown Perfect 10 30W amp, the sounds has a tendency to make a slight clangy sound, but if you are playing along to a track which is turned right up, you don't really notice it. But from everything I play, the sound is relatively quite good for the price, and it generally sounds good when played with any Rock and Metal tracks. I play by just plucking with my fingers generally, but if you use a pick, the sound seems to get a lot rougher and 'clangy'. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The control knobs are a bit wonky, but they seem to be fixed solidly, and they show no sign of coming off, so that does not really bother me. My strap buttons have proved not be be fixed very well, I have to tighten them up with a screwdriver after I play, oen has fallen out completely so I am getting that fixed. In general though, it is all very solid, and the body has a nice, laminated finish. // 7

Reliability & Durability: If the strap button is fixed properly, then I am not worried about the bass falling off the strap while playing it, even if it did, it is quite solid, I would not br too worried if I dropped it. It is surprisingly light, but not so light that you can throw it around while playing it. The finish on the bass is good, so far nos scratches, but it is covered in finger prints which gets a bit annoying. I would probably use this bass if I were to perform, until I get a new bass, but maybe not if they strap button cotinues to fall out! // 7

Overall Impression: For playing Rock and Heavy Metal, it is pretty good, looks good and it sounds good. But it is a beginners bass, I am looking to get an Epiphone Thunderbird Pro later on this year, so if I lost it, I would probably not get another one, I would just get an upgrade, but I would still be angry! I do remember looking (sort of) at Epiphone EB-3s on the internet, but when talking to the guy in the shop (who was really helpful) I made my mind up quite quickly. It would be nice to have more controls, and the colour black is a but boring, but it does match all music styles, especially Rock and Heavy Metal, so I a not too bothered. // 7

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD KH-2 9.3 Electric Guitars 06/23/2014