Mark Hoppus Bass Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 01/15/2013 category: Bass Guitars
Fender: Mark Hoppus Bass
Alder Jazz Bass Body. Maple Precision Bass Neck. Standard Machine Heads. Rosewood Fingerboard. 20 Medium Jumbo Frets. 1 Seymour Duncan Basslines SPB-3 Quarter Pound Split-Coil Precision Bass Pickup. Volume Control. Chrome Hardware.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.1
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.3
 Features: 8.4
 8.8
 8.7
 8.9
reviews (9) pictures (6) 18 comments vote for this gear:
Mark Hoppus Bass Reviewed by: hacman2005, on january 04, 2007

Features: Built in Mexico in 2006 with 20 medium jumbo frets with a maple Precision bass neck. Mine is Daphne Blue and it has 1 Seymour Duncan Basslines SPB-3 Quarter Pound Split-Coil Precision bass pickup. Very simple with only one volume knob. And the body is a mix between the P Bass and J bass bodies. // 9

Sound: It sounds very rich and is perfect for playing punk rock of any kind. It has an awesome set of pick ups and I use a Ampeg BA-115 which makes it sound all the better. With the amp I have there can be a lot of variety with the sound but I just recently tried it on my friends amp and there was no way to make it sound different because of the one volume knob. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: There was nothing at all wrong with the guitar when I opened the box. The bridge had a perfect setup for playing with a pick and the neck and body were completely flawless. The color of the guitar is 100% perfect and all of my friends are always talking about the color and the odd shape of the body. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have already used this guitar at a gig in the short amount of time I have owned it and it was absolutely amazing and I feel I would never have to use a backup. The hardware on it is simple enough to make it last a long time. I am certain that the finish on the guitar will last a very long time. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is absolutely perfect for playing punk rock and I love the sound. I have only been playing bass for about a year now but I've been playing guitar for about 4 years and if this bass was stolen, I would instantly buy this guitar if it was stolen. I love the color and body style of the guitar and I love the neck and the feel and I love the simplicity of the guitar and how amazing it sounds. // 10

Mark Hoppus Bass Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 15, 2013

Price paid: € 680

Purchased from: Jellinghaus, Dortmund, Germany

Features: Mine is a 2002 Mexican made Mark Hoppus. The neck is made of maple and rosewood; it has 20 medium jumbo frets. The pickups are not Fender made ones but very loud Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound P-Style Pickups (passive). They go nicely with a single volume knob (no tone pots). So therefore this is a Precision bass with a very high output because there's very little resistance in the pots. The body (J style) seems to be made of several (possibly five or seven) strips of maple. There's a string-through-body bridge on it. Tuners are standard open tuners you'd find on lots of other (much less expensive) basses, too. I'd give it a ten out of ten for the uncompromising simplicity, but the construction of the body leads me to be more sceptical. // 7

Sound: I never played any bass guitar with any volume knob turned down for the simple reason of creating the highest possible impedance. I feel that anything else (rolling back the brightness, for example) also messes with the dynamics. I do my sound settings on the amplifier. If you feel that this would reduce your versatility of tone too much, don't buy this bass as it has only got one volume knob. This leads to less resistance in the electronics. The pickups are very loud on their own behalf, so this is a very loud passive guitar. But it's also very bright, especially when played with a plek. When played fingerstyle, roll back the heights and turn up the midrange on your amplifier and you'll get a nice rumbling low-mid sound. I played it in punk, ska, rock and function bands. Depending on your style of playing, you can somehow find your way, yet it's a very distinctive sound as for the rumble. DR Strings will give less brightness than Fenders do. There's one dead note (D on the G string). I didn't want anything else but the dead note is a pain. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: A bad joke. In fairness, I was about to hand it back when I first got it. - The upper PU had fallen out of its housing. - The bushing of the E string tuner gets slightly misaligned by the tension of the E-string. Why? Behause the hole for the tuner extends into the radius of the headstock cutting. Therefore it CANNOT be parallel. I wouldn't expect construction flaws like these in the worst low-quality cheapo bass. - Drips of dried out lacquer in the through-body string holes. I had to mill them away so the stings would pass through the holes evenly. If you buy a string-through bridge for more sustain, you surely don't want your strings to rest on excess plastic. - The solder joint of the upper pickup just let go after a bit more than three years without any physical impact. The wire just dropped off. I put it back on and resoldered all of the other joints too because I felt I can do better than what I saw in there. - The string end bushings at the back of the body are too small for the cavities they rest in, so they drop out. - The spring in the G string tuner was never tight enough to fix the worm. The tuning is stable by the tension of the string, but still it's actually a broken machine head that came with the new bass. Overall, I reckon that the product description "precision bass" is a bit grandiose, don't you think? I paid 680 for it (that corresponds to about $ 890 these days) and I've had cheaper ones that were assembled with much greater care (Washburn, for example). I didn't return it because Fender's support department in germany is generally said to be very slow. // 1

Reliability & Durability: I don't care so much for the finish, otherwise I wouldn't have bought the daphne blue one. There's a few cracks, but it's rigid enough. In ten years, I played about 100 gigs plus countless jam sessions, recording sessions and so on over europe (enormous climate changes) with this bass and there are no problems with the woods used whatsoever. So no worries on the wood quality front. That's important for me as the Mark Hoppus proves to be a bass to rely on for the next ten years and the occasional spare part repair won't hurt as long as the wood is fine. Would I use it without a backup? Yes, because I resoldered the wiring myself. I did use it without a backup for a long time and there was nothing to worry about until the wire fell off. It's a very simplistic construction (if not primitive, taken the neck screws that are just drilled into the wood - seeing this just hurts!) so there's hardly anything there that could break. Could I depend on it and will it withstand live playing? Now that I worked on several things, yes. The way it arrived: No. Bear in mind that all the woodwork is fine after ten years, but the assembly and qc were ridiculous. // 5

Overall Impression: The Mark Hoppus Bass is a good sounding instrument for punk, wave or even more classic rock styles. I play this bass via two 1978 acoustic control amplifiers. On these two, it sounds brutal (in a good way) if played with a plek and it still has a lot of pound and rumble to it if played fingerstyle. Given the quality of craftsmanship in it, it was extremely overpriced. I'll keep it, but I'll look out for something other than Fender next time! Also, I would not buy it again as I believe other companies to produce significantly better quality at a slighty higher price. Now that it's ten years old, I'm not going to sell it as I can put some trust into the quality of the woods used. // 6

Mark Hoppus Bass Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 22, 2004

Features: Country of origin: Mexico Frets: 20 Wood: Alder Controls: 1 volume, no tone (tone is preset) Pickups: 1 Seymour Duncan SPB-3 Quater pounder, Precision Bass pickup Neck: Maple Fender Precision Bass neck Fret board: Rosewood Body style: Fender Jazz Bass body Finish: Pink and white Tartan (custom) Bridge: Standard Fender American Bridge Tuners: Fender Standard Accessories: Free gig bag // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The instrument was setup beautifully when I got it. Perfect action, perfect level pickups. All put toghether very ruggedly, very strong with nothing loose. There were no chips in the Finish and no screws on the scratch-plate were loose. It was all prepared wonderfully. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This bass plays excellently and is consistant at all times. The whole this seems built to last for decades, and probably will. The finish is Grade A, only it may begin to wear maybe after 2 years of good playing. I would Definitely use it as my main instrument on stage, but i'd still bring along a second Bass because the wiring inside seems very primitive and will easyly burnout. // 8

Overall Impression: I have been playing for a year now, and this is my bands full time bass (which I chose and payed partly for). I also use Ibanez and Gibson guitars and there is a Fender Precision Bass and an Ibanez SGR-800 also being used (though not very often as Richard always takes it home and very rarely brings it to gigs or practice). It is a superb Bass and when using it live, I've seen other bassists in the crowd point and say "those are really good instruments" or "I've got one of them, nice colour" (these are very common Basses). // 8

Mark Hoppus Bass Reviewed by: Tibro, on march 19, 2004

Purchased from: Ebay.com

Features: Made in: Mexico No. Frets: 20 Controls: 1 Volume Pickups: 1 Seymour Duncan Basslines SPB-3 Quarter Pound Split-Coil Precision Bass Pickup Neck: Maple Precision Bass Neck Body: Alder Jazz Bass Body Finish: Daphine Blue with a white Pick guard Bridge: Standard Fender Bridge Accessories: Free 2m 1/4" guitar cable // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up superbly, tuned, polished and ready to play as soon as you open the box. Everything was as you expect Mark Hoppus to play in a Vidoe for a blink song. There were no flaws in this guitar from the factory at all. Everything as it should be. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This is a big bass compared to my previous one (a Peavey Milestone), it has a bigger body and is heavier. Due to this I can tell that this is going to last me as long as I need it. I have bumped it against the wall accidently a few times and spent a long time looking for damage (which wasn't there). The Strap buttons seem a little smaller than my other basses so I wouldn't recommend throwing this bass around your head. Still for dependability, this is a superb bass. // 10

Overall Impression: I bought this bass to play the music it was designed for. Not slapping or popping, but some good punky riffs. And for that it is perfect. If this was to get stolen I would buy it again definitely, it is a bass that I have fallen in love with. A word about the colour, it comes in Pink, baby blue (daphine blue), or light green (seafoam green). Each colour looks 'gay' or 'girly'.. that is exactly what they're meant to look like. The colours are for people who like to have fun and can laugh at themselves. Overall, this is a great bass, a little pricey but definitely worth it. There could just be a little more to it though. // 8

Mark Hoppus Bass Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 06, 2004

Purchased from: ebay

Features: 2001 mexican jazz bass with P-Bass basslines quarter pound pickups.mine is surf green with 20 frets, laminated top, one volume control, with gig bag. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got it, the action was all the way the down and the nut came off. I just super glued it back on and its perfect. I had to make the pickups allign with each other. and on the auction the guy said its in excellent condition but the basslines logo on the pickups is fading out and the nut problem wasn't stated. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I am not in a band, but my friend borrowed it for 3 shows, with no backup and nothing went wrong, its perfect. I have hit on my desk and bed and not a mark. The head accidently hit my ceiling fan and nothing happened. The strap bottons are tight, and its never fallen due to that. // 10

Overall Impression: I have two other basses, a rouge and a fake Gibson eb-3 or something like that. This is the best bass i've ever played. I played at guitar center and fell in love with it. I have been playing for 2 years and i have not played anything better. I definetly buy another one if it was stolen. I love the color, the pickups, and that it has a string-thru bridge like the american. // 10

Mark Hoppus Bass Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 12, 2009

Features: Mine is a 2002 Mexican made Bass. It has 20 Jumbo frets. The neck is a maple P Bass style neck with the C shape. It has a rosewood fretboard which is really easy to play on. I had a polished bone nut put in mine which gave it a lot more sustain. The finish on mine is the Daphne Blue which looks amazing both on and off stage. The body is a big jazz bass style with a mother of pearl pickgaurd that really brings the color out and draws attention. It only has one volume knob and no tone knob. Now some complain about that but I bet 90% of them haven't even played it. It has a great tone built into it. If you want a different sound use your amp of do what I do and pair it with a Sansamp Bass Driver. The Quater pound pickups are amazing. So much punch, it's unlike and jazz bass. The tuners are stander machine tuners but they do the job. The big plus is the string through body which is rare on a mexican made bass. // 8

Sound: I play all styles of bass and I am easily able to use this bass for all except slap bass. The Sansamp I use really helps bring out the punch of the pickups. I have never had a buzz problem with this bass at all. The quater pound pickups give it such a punchy sound. With the right strings and a decent amp you get a sound unlike anything. The attack is just amazing. If you really want to stand out Live this is the way to do it. I get so many compliments on the sound of this bass. And though I have an amazing setup of effects and amp rig, I know most of it is due to the bass itself. I also must say that this bass is amazing for recording. The difference I have heared to what I was using is insanely amazing. I usually used a Fender active Jazz which was amazing in itself. But the Hoppus Bass has this extra punch while still having the growl of a Jazz bass. All you need is this bass and a sansamp and your good to go. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was good to go from the factory. I did have a bone nut put into it since I love the sustain boost if gives any stringed instrument. The finish was amazing. It is so smooth and really shines. The neck is very very nice. Easy to play, especialy for bassists that sweep. I did adjust the action to my standards but it was fine from the factory. I just have to set mine since I play in drop A for one of my bands. And drop C for the other. So if your wondering if this holds it own for heavier bands, that should pretty much answer your question. Make sure you put it in a case. Not that it isn't durable, it's just that it is way to nice of a bass to be treated like crap. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This is amazing to play Live with. Fender really did well with this bass. You don't need a backup at all. Mark isn't the best bassist in the world but he knows sound. And he really hit the nail on the head comming up with the jazz body with P Bass neck design. The colors look amazing under stage lights. I get compliments on it all of the time. I usually put strap locks on every bass I own, but I didn't on this one cause I'm cautious on stage with it. The buttons are tight on it, and if you get a really nice strap with great leather bottoms you'll be set. As far as staying tuned, it rarely needs to be retuned. The string through body keeps it in tune and really adds to the sustain. My only complaint which is no big deal, is the location of the input. It looks nice but because I move a lot on stage and lift the bass a lot I always put the cable through the strap then in the input. But since it's on the pickgaurd it dosn't work well so I just have to leave it dangling. Which I won't have to worry about soon when I get a new wireless system. // 10

Overall Impression: I must say I am very satisfied with this bass. Out of all the fenders I own this is by far my favorite. I usually used my five string as my main bass but I love the sound of this gem. Everything from the finish to the amazing sound just makes me realize that this was indeed one of my better musical instrumental purchases. I wouldn't say I would by another cause that would be stupid to own two of the same model but if it was damaged or broken, I would deff by a new one in a heartbeat. If you really want a Fender with an amazing sound this is the way to go. You get the P Bass neck with the jazz bass body. You can't go wrong. Pick one up and get a sound unlike anything any other bass can produce. // 10

Mark Hoppus Bass Reviewed by: InfinityOnHigh, on july 30, 2009

Purchased from: not from anywhere in the US

Features: The sad thing about the Mark Hoppus Jazz Bass is that it is only made in Mexico. This isn't necessarily a bad thing though. It means that you can get it relatively cheap but will have to bear the fact that its not made in the USA. The Mark Hoppus Bass is the usual Fender, 20 frets, jazz body. Its also strung through the body The cool thing I like about the bass is that it comes in a jazz body with Precision pickups so it looks quite good. The pickguard also looks quite good on the body. If u wanna find out abt more specs you should go to the official Fender page. // 9

Sound: Its is a pretty decent bass. The tone is great (more on that later), it has enough treble to cut through and still enough bass to support a band. The pickups are powerful and have a huge punch. One of the things I like about it is that the bass has a nice light sound on the high strings(meaning that it doesn't make people cringe when playing high notes)and a hefty low sound on the low strings. Its comfortable to play and very satisfactory to play with in a band because of its punch. The Mark Hoppus Jazz Bass is very genre specific. Its pretty much a punk rock bass, good for punk rock(duh)/pop punk, rock and metal, but don't expect anything towards the blues and jazz side, its pickups just don't deliver the right sound for that.Also this bass is terrible for slapping The main problem with this bass is its lack of tone variety, this bass can only produce one sound, so you must be happy with it before you buy it. The lack of a tone knob puts serious limitations on this bass, and the only thing you can control is volume. However, if you use an amp with an equaliser, you can get amazing tones out of this bass. I prefer playing with fingers rather than a pick and but I use both methods on this bass. Its comfortable to play with using both methods and you can get the two different ends of the sound spectrum by using the different methods (low and punchy with fingers, high treble with pick) Overall the sound is great if you plan to use it for the correct genre of music, i use this bass mainly for rock and punk pop and I feel it's amazing at that. I also have a Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass, so I use that for other genres. To get an idea of the sound it produces, u can take a look at this. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up pretty well, except for some fret buzz and string height problems. The fret buzz wasn't significant so I left it. The string height only took 5 minutes to fix so I'm happy. The guitar was in great condition when I got it so there's nothing much to complain about. The Fender website gives the impression that the black Mark Hoppus jazz bass is actually met black but its not (or at least im quite sure it isnt). I wanted a white one but i could only get a black one. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've used this guitar Live 2 times already and its great. Its comfortable, light, very playable and generally fun to play with. The fact that the bass is passive makes it even more reliable cause you know that it wont conk out on you during a gig cause of batteries. All the hardware looks well setup and the volume knob is tight and accurate to the volume (0= 0 output, 5= 5 output, 10= 10 output)The strap buttons are securely fastened and i haven't got any problems yet. I guess I would use it without backup but i usually bring my American Deluxe along anyway to any gig cause of the tone problem. The finish is great and will remain that way if its owner takes care of it // 10

Overall Impression: A great bass but very very genre specific. This is a good bass to add to a collection of basses to fully complete a range of sounds. The only drawback is the lack of tone, but that can be overcome by using an equaliser or a pre amp. I've been playing for two years and I've heard my friends play it while I play drums or guitar so I know it sounds good from different perspectives. If I had a choice to trade it with another bass, however I would trade it with a simple Fender Precision or better yet a Squier P-Bass Special. This is because the same sound can probably be gotten from a Fender Precision installed with Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder Bass Lines pickups( The same pickups as the Mark Hoppus Jazz Bass). A Squier would be even better, cause I can replace both the split Precision pickups and J bass pickups with seymour duncans and with some tweaking, make it sound even better than the Mark Hoppus Jazz Bass. One thing you should not do is buy it just because it's Mark Hoppus's signature. Buy it because of its powerful tone, playability and stylish looks. Before you decide to buy it, you should watch live videos of Blink 182 and Plus 44 to see if thats the tone your looking for. // 8

Mark Hoppus Bass Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 08, 2010

Features: Mexican made with 20 jumbo frets, this bass has a maple neck with a rosewood fretboard. The pickup is of the Seymour Duncan SPB-3 variety, it is a single-coil split pickup. This bass has no tone knob, only volume. The bass has a jazz bass body, Precision bass neck and of course the Precision bass pickup. // 9

Sound: The sound is really rich and fat, the Seymour Duncan pickup is the loudest I've ever heard on a passive bass guitar. I play rock and punk music and this bass really suits it. I play it through and Ashdown 100W amp and can EQ it to find a really punchy, trebley sound, but still maintain a deep, rattling low-end with fat bouncy midranges. Brilliant sound, ideal for playing live also. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up perfectly when it arrived, it wasn't tuned but that wasn't a problem of course. The pickups were adjusted perfectly, exactly the way P-Bass pickups should be. The finish on this guitar is Daphne Blue, it is perfect and I really like the perloid pickguard, some people might not really like bright bass guitars but it's certainly eye-catching. I also love the through-body stringing system, its better than just having a standard bridge on it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've heard some people complain about how heavy this bass is, but after playing an Epiphone Thunderbird for so long, this bass seems quite light compared to it really! This bass feels seriously heavy-duty though, it's difficult to explain but if you hold this bass and check it out, you'll know what I mean; it just feels very very solid. I always put screw-in strap locks on my guitars so I can't really comment on the strap buttons. I rarely take back-up bass guitars to gigs with me because it means a taking lots of equipment but this bass certainly wouldn't need a back-up, its a good strong bass. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing bass since I was 14, so that's 7 years and this is definitely the best I've owned and it's up there with the best I've ever played. The sound is bang-on for how I like my bass to sound, punchy with a loud high-end but a loud and crisp enough bottom end to cut through guitar, drums and vocals in a live situation. I've heard complaints such as "it really lacks a tone knob," but people know this when they're buying it, and there's an easy way round not having a tone knob: USE THE EQ ON YOUR AMP!! I'm a real perfectionist when it comes to finding an ideal tone when I'm practising or gigging but this one doesn't take much work, it almost immediately suited my dream sound. If it was stolen would I buy another one? If money wasn't an issue I'd buy another immediately, but these basses aren't the cheapest Fenders on the market. I really love the shape and style of this bass, I like the P-Bass pickups on the Jazz-style body, and of course I love the loud punk rock sound this bass provides. Is there anything I wish it had? The only thing I wish it had was the hot pink paint colour that Mark Hoppus has on his main bass - that one is my all time dream bass guitar! Hope this review helped. If you're thinking of buying one of these, do it, it's a brilliant bass guitar and I love playing it. Cheers, Andy // 10

Mark Hoppus Bass Reviewed by: krehzeekid, on april 18, 2011

Price paid: C$ 800

Purchased from: Avenue

Features: My particular bass was made sometime between 2000 and 2003 (I bought it used in 2003), and it is a Mexican made bass. The bass is somewhat of a hybrid of P and J bass models, featuring a J bass body but a P Bass neck and pickup The body is made out of alder (as of 2006, they are ash), with a maple neck and a rosewood fingerboard. The neck features a relatively tight 9.5 inch radius and has 20 medium-jumbo frets. The neck has white dot position markers. The neck has a 34 inch scale length and is bolted to the body by way of a standard 4 bolt plate. The electronics on this bass are super simple; a single passive Seymour Duncan SPB-3 Quarter Pound P-Bass pickup in the standard P-Bass positions (later models are reversed). The only control on the bass is a volume control. The hardware on this bass is, like the electronics, simple but highly effective. The bass features generic Fender open-style machine heads. The bridge is made up of Mexican series saddles on an American series bridge plate, and it is a string-through body design. The bass came with a deluxe Fender gig-bag, a truss rod wrench and a saddle intonation wrench. Though this bass is extremely simple in its set-up, everything is well though out and every piece (or lack of a piece) serves a purpose. I very much appreciate the lack of any extra stuff on this bass. You can really just grab it an play. // 8

Sound: I used this bass for the past 7 years in everything from gritty punk bands to a wedding band (it even played some metal for a while). Currently, I use it in a functions band as my primary 4 stringer. I play the bass through an Eden Nemesis NA-650 and a Peavey 115 cab. This bass is really a single sound bass. You plug it it, turn the volume all the way up and wail away with it. It has the classic sound that you would associate with a P-bass, but with added clarity and bite from the SD pickup. Played with a pick, its super aggressive and very articulate, especially when playing double stops or chords. Played finger-style, its balanced and classic sounding. Slap and pop styles are, as expected, very P-Bass like, but with a bit more clarity and aggression. Depending on the technique and amp used, the bass is capable of playing a variety of styles, but it doesn't deviate far from it's basic tone. It is worth noting that the bass has excellent sustain, it just seems to ring on for weeks. Overall, it is a very pleasant sounding bass. It essentially sounds like a classic P-Bass with added balls. Very nice. The 7 is because of the lack of versatility, it is not a reflection of the sound alone. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Given that I bought the bass used (in near mint condition), I cannot comment on the factory set-up. However, it is worth noting that this is one of the easiest basses to set-up I have ever come across. Consequently, it is easy to always have great intonation and great sound. Apart from that, the bass seems well put together. The pickup cavity is very tidy and properly shielded. The fretwork is quite nice and the finish is evenly applied. The bass even featured coated screws throughout the electronics cavity (they seem to help with noise). My only gripe is that the neck joint is loose, really loose. You can fit 2 credit cards on either side of the neck. I suspect this is due to using a P-Bass neck on a J-bass body, and more recent examples appear significantly better. However, it doesn't seem to affect the sound or playability of the instrument, so it is not a massive concern. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This bass is a tank. Given the extremely simple design (we're talking a simplified P-Bass here...) and Fender's time-tested construction methods, it no surprise that this bass has stood the test of time. The hardware is still immaculate, there is no oxidation, peeling or spotting to be seen yet (again, I've gigged this bass for 7 years now). Ditto for the finish on the neck: its still flawless with no signs of wear at all. The body has taken on some dings over the years (careless singer with his mic stand...), and it is starting to wear through along the top, but it has held up admirably as well. I have yet to have an issue with this bass in years of playing with it. I never play without a backup anymore (5 strings are necessary for some songs), but I played without a backup for years and I would not hesitate to do so again. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, this is an excellent example of a purpose built rock bass. Its loud, its aggressive but not altogether foreign. The simplicity may seem like a limitation, but it allows for technique to become the center of attention and ensures that you never need to worry about playing with switches and knobs on the bass. I would highly recommend this bass to anybody looking for an all-purpose rock bass, especially punk players. It really just nails the requisite sounds so effortlessly. I only wish that it came with a case. Essentially though, the motto of this bass would be "everything you NEED, nothing that you don't". // 8

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Jaguar HH Special 8.2 Electric Guitars 11/12/2014