Street Bass Review

manufacturer: Fleabass date: 11/28/2011 category: Bass Guitars
Fleabass: Street Bass
This bass matchs obviously Red Hot Chili Peppers kinda music but I use it for punk and rock/grunge and it fits perfect, a very universal sounds.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 7.5
 Features: 8.5
 8.1
 7.2
reviews (2) pictures (5) 14 comments vote for this gear:
Street Bass Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 19, 2011

Price paid: C$ 275

Purchased from: eBay

Features: I bought this bass winter of 2010 and I've used it as my main bass ever since (keep in mind I'm only 15) my band and me play mostly punk/rock stuff, we have been together two years I used a ESP LTD untill now, this bass give a more fitting basic treble sound, this bass comes in bright soilid coulors, its a realy eye catching bass I'm usually the first person people point at and are like "WTF" also chicks dig it, realy, bright baby blue and the "white dot thingy" in the middle dosent realy look like a serious guitar but its one hell of a guitar when you hear it. // 8

Sound: Flea basses come pre-strung with flea's signature bss boomers, and this model is loaded with a EMG pick up, I still have the bass boomers it came stocked with on it after half a year and it creates a great tone, I use only Peavy amps, a fairly large TNT series or somthing and a small pocket amp, this bass creates a great punk/grunge sound witch is mostly what I play with my band, it only has a basic two-tone bass and treble knob but that all you need beacuse its a very strong full sound, it also has very good sustain, the only problem is the electronics are if'y, turning the knobs gives a wierd scratch sound that I've been meaning to get fixed. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: No finish flaws very well painted and finished, playing with a pick dosent scratch the body thanks to the oddly place "big dot thingy" or otherwise called the pick guard, bridg is set very well, knobs are glued on sadly. They fell of once and I had to krazy glue 'em back on, the nut is placed down the fret board, with some sticking out at the end almost like it was mis-placed, but after callin the company (not Flea himself) its made like that so sa'll good. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This is a very thick heavy bass giving it it's sustain and sounds, its a very sturdy bass dosent dent easly (it WILL dent if you smash it off a set of symbals, I found this out the hard way). It stays in tune realy well, I can not tune if for a week compared to my ESP LTD that I have to tune everyday. // 10

Overall Impression: This bass matchs obviously Red Hot Chili Peppers kinda music (witch I often jam to) but I use it for punk and rock/grunge and it fits perfect, a very universal sounds, the look may not look universal try playing in a death metal band with this bad boy, I've been playing for about two years now (this bass isent my favorite ever) but it is the favorite that I own plus it the people favorite realy flashy its not the best bass you can buy but it sure as hell is the coolest looking. // 9

Street Bass Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 28, 2011

Price paid: € 259

Purchased from: Thomann

Features: Basswood Body, Maple neck (Mine is flamed), Rosewood Fretboard, 34" scale, Passive Humbucker, String-thru body, 20 frets, Blue, Chinese made, Tuners are great, 2 knobs (Volume, Tone), simple effective design. Strings on the bass were pretty sweet too. BEAUTIFUL bridge. Features are just simplicity, nothing too much and enough to get what you want. // 9

Sound: I mainly play funk and rock with a small bit of blues, jazz maybe even metal. The humbucker supplies the perfect punchy tone for all this and the tone comes back excellently for bluesly jazzy styles. I play this through a Marshall 3540 Bass head and they work excellently together. The humbucker does not hum too loudly and the sustain is beautiful on this bass. I do admit I play a lot of chili's music and this bass can anything from Funky Monks, She's Only 18, Factory Of Faith all the way back to Catholic School Girls Rule. Hooked on the humbucker depth and punch. Best for price, mark my words. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Got this guitar straight of the box into my hand, set up was superb, no adjustments needed. The bass was even in tune! As I have said, the bridge is amazing on this and the hardware is great quality. The actually finish on it is great, it really is a crowd pleaser above all else. Pickguard is stuck on, but stuck on well. The neck is absolutely a treat. Modelled off on of Flea's Vintage necks, its extemely playable and fast. Flea's doodles are also funny, just laid back and nothing too serious looking. One problem though, the potentiometers are a small bit noisy. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have gigged a lot with this bass, never ever let me down, stayed in tune, nothing fell off, did its job very very well. The hardware is great on this, the tuners are top notch, the knobs are just standard, bridge is something worthy of a Leo Quand or G&L. Strap buttons will not fall off. I always gig with this without a backup, won't let me down. The finish will hopefully last a good while, I maintain this bass very well so it doesn't even have a mark but it WILL dent easily, the body is basswood. // 10

Overall Impression: I play all kind of everything, this bass sounds great fingerstyled, slapped and picked, can't fault it. It fits well into any genre (Bar maybe metal). I have been playing for 2 years and this is my second bass. I was a small bit disappointed that it just came as a bass, absolutely no extra's. If it was stolen, I would continue my savings towards a jazz bass as I have been saving for quite some time now for one. I just love the stylings, the neck and the humbucker. My favourite features has to be the little pickguard, its almost like an aimer for slapping! I compared this against high end Squiers, Ibanez's, Danelectro's and anything in the 300ish range. I choose this because of the humbucker and the result was great! This is a great bass for the money and would not hesitate to buy if you love RHCP and general rock! // 10

More Fleabass reviews rating category latest review
+ Model 32 8.9 Bass Guitars 05/02/2013