L-2000 Tribute Series Review

9.2
review (1) pictures (5) 4 comments vote for this gear:
L-2000 Tribute Series Reviewed by: thelowsliveon, on march 24, 2010

Purchased from: Hick bros Music

Features: 2009 made in Indonesia. 21 jumbo fret on a nearly perfect rosewood fretboard. The neck is about as fat as a Stingray. Mine is a blueburst finish with a one piece swamp ash body in the style of a P-Bass maple neck. It has a horseshoe bridge. MusicMan style pups but, I think that the difference between the two is like having one pickup. I lowered my neck pup almost all the way and raised the bridge pup to almost touching the strings. Controls are; 3-way pup selector, series parallel switch, passive/active/active with bass boost, volume, two way eq. It comes with elephant ear tuners. It also comes with a nice thick and padded gig bag and a set of tools for set up. // 9

Sound: The Tribute Series come with American electronics so it sounds brilliant. I can use this bass for any style of music and can get just about any sound out of it. There is 18 different sounds I can get just by using the switches before I use the two eq nobs. The only sound I wish I could get but, can't seem to find out how is a jazz bass(so thats prob going to be my next bass. For gear I have the Acoustic mini stack and a big muff pedal. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: There is no flaws with this bass and it comes with a 90 day warranty so if it did, it would be covered. The only problem I have in this category is that it really wasn't set up well from factory and the factory stings were not top quality. Luckily I know how to set up a bass decently and I also put in Ernie Ball strings so it currently play better than any bass I have played(including Fenders, Musicmans and a Rick) so it has plenty of potential. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have gigged with this bass and I haven't brought a back-up once. It has some type of special truss-rod that doesn't allow the neck to warp but, I haven't been careless enough to find out if that's true. The only reason I can see myself buying another bass is because it is a j-bass. // 10

Overall Impression: If this was lost or stolen I would undoubtedly get it again. Seriously, the only thing I would change is the ability to sound more like a jazz bass. I have a Squier P-Bass that I don't use anymore. I think that the playability is comparable to high end Schecters(before I set her up)now it is a little better that this one Stingray I have played. Oh, I would also change the strings that it came with, those were crap. // 10

More G&L reviews rating category latest review
+ Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top 8 Electric Guitars 07/17/2014