Freeway 4 Review

manufacturer: Godin date: 07/11/2011 category: Bass Guitars
Godin: Freeway 4
The convertible bridge provides the option of stringing through the body-adds snap to the sound?or through the back of the bridge?for a mellower tone.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.5
 8.5
 8.9
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Freeway 4 Reviewed by: 07Hoobastank07, on june 07, 2004

Purchased from: Long and Mcquade

Features: - Made in Canada - 20 frets - Two volume controls and one tone control - Maple neck and rosewood fingerboard - Convertable bridge - Single coil pick-ups // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up well with good action, not too loose so that there are large vibrations but not too tight so the playability is gone. The picks were fine and the guitar stays in tune perfectly. So far I've had it for a month and no problems. It is of good quality and will last me years. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've used this guitar a a couple live shows and a battle of the bands contest. We won so it must of sounded good. The sound compares to a higher end bass and it is very durable. As long as the user is careful with the instrument it shouldn't break or sustain any damage. The strap buttons are solid, along with the tuning pegs and nobs. I would probably have a back up bass if it was a big gig and important but a small show at a party or something it would be fine. // 10

Overall Impression: Excellent bass for rock/metal/punk and still good for funk/jazz. depending on your style of guitars you like the apperance may not be appealing but i like it. I've been playing bass for a while and have a Ibanez bass and amp. This Godin was a little more than the Ibanez gsr200 but i like the Godin much better and it has served me well. If it were stolen or lost i'd buy another one just like it or maybe a different Godin bass. These guitars are awesome instruments for the price and i gaurantee you'll enjoy one if you buy one. I have no complaints about this instrument. I am Canadian and trust a Canadian product, but that isn't the reason to buy it. Go play one if your local guitar shop has one, you will probably like it, and i've had many compliments on its greatness. That is all. // 8

Freeway 4 Reviewed by: Nasoj, on july 11, 2011

Price paid: C$ 375

Purchased from: Long & Mquade

Features: I have a 2009 Godin Freeway 4. The parts were made in the USA, and assembled in Canada. It has 20 frets two volume knobs and a tone knob. Overall a great guitar. Not to simple, not to hard... Gah! They want me to type a bunch more characters in each column! // 8

Sound: I Mostly play alternative and other rock styles. I use a Traynor 10 watt Bass Mate. It's a very rich deep sound. It seems good for any style, from blues to metal, really. I also use it for punk. If you adjust the settings right, it makes a REALLY distorted sound, too. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I got this guitar used, so I can't tell how well the factory set-up was. The pick-ups were poorly adjusted, but they're floating, so all you need is a screw driver to adjust them. There's one part on the bridge that's a little sharp, but that's okay. Great bass! // 9

Reliability & Durability: This bass is great for live playing, it's Canadian Maple, so it'll last! The hardware seems pretty good. I may have to replace it at some point, though. The strap buttons aren't very good on their own, but they're made so that you can put strap locks on them. // 8

Overall Impression: This is great for a second bass, (new it's around $600.) My favorite feature is the sound. I don't think it could get any better. If it were stolen, I would probably get another one, (thing is, I got mine so cheap!) The only thing I wish it had... A five-way switch. That would be awesome. Great Bass overall! // 9

More Godin reviews rating category latest review
+ SD 8.5 Electric Guitars 06/06/2013