MB22-2T Review

manufacturer: Harley Benton date: 01/31/2006 category: Bass Guitars
Harley Benton: MB22-2T
E-Bass, J-style, maple neck with rosewood finger board, 20 fretts, 2 vol. and 1 tone controls, 2 J-style pickups, hardware in chrome.
 7.8
 8.1
review (1) 9 comments vote for this gear:
MB22-2T Reviewed by: iya415.2365, on january 31, 2006

Features: E-Bass, J-style, maple neck with rosewood finger board, 20 fretts, 2 vol. and 1 tone controls, 2 J-style Pickups, hardware in chrome, scale 82.5 cm, colour: 2 tone sunburst. // 7

Sound: This bass sounds pretty good really. Someone told me it sounded just like a standard Fender Jazz and he's right it has a similar tone although this one's probbably quieter. Plugged in it sounds prettey good. This is very good for like slapping but might not be punchy enough for heavy stuff (I just use a compressor tho). // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I can't really say how well it was set-up 'cause I can't compare it to anything but it felt good to play and the intonation seemed good so that's nice. The finish was good and the hardware was all pristine. The tone stuff never crackles or anything either. The only problem was a tiny amount of pickguard rattle so it gets a 7. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This is very reliable and seems very tough. I've had it a long time now and nothing's gone rong. The finish has chipped a bit but that's to do with my own clumsyness really. Really I feel this bass will last a very long time indeed. // 9

Overall Impression: I play a lot of stuff, ranging from acoustics to really heavy shit and it works well for most stuff, really. Apart from that it's a pretty good bass and amazing if you consider the price (65). If it were stolen (although I'd probably use it to stop anything else being stolen) I'd probably reilise it was time for me to get a new bass and I think you would too. // 8

More Harley Benton reviews rating category latest review