Quake Review

manufacturer: Harrier date: 08/17/2011 category: Bass Guitars
Harrier: Quake
For the money, I am very happy with it. The bass has 21 frets, and is well balanced. It is made of a solid piece of Alder, surprising for the price. It is a P-Bass copy, with strings through bridge.
 7.9
 7.8
review (1) pictures (6) user comments vote for this gear:
Quake Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 17, 2011

Purchased from: eBay

Features: I'm not sure what year this guitar was made, however I believe the company is based in Hertfordshire in England. The bass has 21 frets, and is well balanced. It is made of a solid piece of Alder, surprising for the price. It is a P-Bass copy, with strings through bridge. I has two chrome dials, for volume and tone. The guitar also came with a gear for music amp, stand, spare strings and a strap. // 9

Sound: I play rock, metal and some funkier stuff, the bass sounds fairly good, I would consider changing the pickups perhaps, but for the price the sound is excellent, quite warm and mellow. I am using through the cheap gear for music bass amp that came with it, I'm sure a better amp would probably bring the sound to life a little more. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is very high on the bass, I think I will get the neck shimmed. The only other issue is there are some tiny black speckles in the red paint near the input jack. They are only small, but the bass is red so they become more noticeable. All the hardware appears to be decent enough, certainly no obvious problems anyway. // 5

Reliability & Durability: It feels very well built, I would certainly have no issues taking it on stage, everything on it is secure. The only issue I could raise with regards to durability is what ever finish is on the back of the neck appears to rub off pretty quickly. I would gig without a back up, and the finish on the body seems solid. // 8

Overall Impression: For the money, I am very happy with it. Obviously for 75 quid you don't get a Fender, but pound for pound I can't think of a bass I've played that comes close. Also, as is appears to be made of decent materials, I may spend some money and upgrade the hardware on it. If it were stolen I wouldn't hesitate in getting another. // 9

Comments