AEB8E Review

8.1
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
AEB8E Reviewed by: Vampire 255, on october 20, 2008

Purchased from: Back Alley Music

Features: This acoustic bass was made in china in feb 2008. It has agathis back, sides and top and a mahogony neck with a rosewood fretboard. It has 22 frets, chrome die cast machine heads, Ibanez ivorex II nut and saddles. It has an active Ibanez SPT preamp with volume, shape, treble, mid and bass controls and a phase Switch. It has a built-in tuner which comes in handy. it's has 2 outputs, a normal 1/4" output jack and a balanced XLR jack for direct connection to PA. It uses 2 AA batteries. // 7

Sound: This is reasonable loud unplugged, it's loud enough to be heard while my because is playing on my acoustic guitar. Plugged in it just gets louder and the preamp lets you get the sound your looking for. I've used this with my distortion pedal and it gave a nice sound. Played clean it has a nice warm sound. I haven't gotten any feedback from this yet. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: It has a nice action, easy to play finger style or pick. The finish is nice but gets fingerprint marks easy. So far I haven't found any flaws with this bass. The wires sometimes rattle around abit if you move to fast with it. The binding and dot markers are superb and the inlays are lasting really well. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I haven't giged with this bass yet but I would gig it without a backup. The battery is lasting really well, I've only had 2 change it once and that was when I got it because the shop gave me some dud batteries. The strap buttons are solid and haven't let me down yet. // 9

Overall Impression: My overall impression of this bass is it's reliable and a good bass for the price. I normally play pop punk and metalcore but this bass is more at home with softer songs. The only thing I didn't like was that it didn't come with a gig bag. If it was lost or stolen I wouldn't buy this one again, but I would save up for a better acoustic bass. // 9

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ EDR170 8.7 Electric Guitars 11/18/2014