BTB470 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 01/31/2012 category: Bass Guitars
Ibanez: BTB470
I play metalcore, it's perfectly suit it. If you want convenient and universal sounded bass buy it. My favourite feature of that bass it's active equalizer.
 9.4
 6.5
review (1) pictures (2) 7 comments vote for this gear:
BTB470 Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 31, 2012

Purchased from: Muztorg.ru

Features: Made in Indonesia in 2008. It have 24 frets and 35" neck scale. Thru-neck construction. Body - Mahogany, neck - 5 pieces maple / bubinga. Finish - iron pewter. Deep cutaway body style. Mono-Rail II bridge. 2 Passive Humbuckers Bartolini MK2 with active equalizer. Die-cast tuners. 1 cable 3m. // 8

Sound: I have played many styles, including grunge, jazz, Indie rock, but stopped on metal. It's perfectly suit for this. With active equalizer you can get sound you ever want to. It's not noisy at all, I've tried it on many amps, at home I have Fender Rumble 15. It have bright and clear sound like jazz bass, but if you want you can get sound of Warwick or Schecter. The factory tuning was E/A/D/G, but I've bought 5 strings pack (130, 115, 80, 65) and set it up on A/D/G/C. It's not buzz at all. After I've lowered tension on anchor and set-up B/F#/B/E because my band had stopped on that tuning. That Ibanez has a very great slapping tone. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The only thing I've mentioned it's that volume knob is a little bit loose. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've played many gigs on it and it's very comfotable exept locker on jack input. It uses two 9V batteries. After I bought bass, I've changed batteries on next day. They have worked about 4 months, but I've been playing bass 3-4 hours a day plus repetitions 2 times a week. // 9

Overall Impression: I play metalcore, it's perfectly suit it. I playing on it 8 months. Before it I've played on Squier P-Bass, LTD F-154 and Warwick Rockbass. If you want convenient and universal sounded bass buy it. If it were stolen or lost I would buy only the Ibanez bass because they are very convenient to me as for playing them as for sound too. I love it's sound and hate jack input locker. My favourite feature of that bass it's active equalizer. I've compared this bass with Warwick Rockbass and I've chosen this because of 35 neck scale. I wish it have not jack input locker. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ GRG170DX 8.5 Electric Guitars 12/09/2014