GATK20 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 11/08/2011 category: Bass Guitars
Ibanez: GATK20
Ibanez GIO series GATK20. I tend to play Rock music with fast rhythms and this seems to suit the music.
 8.5
 8.8
 8.2
review (1) pictures (2) 1 comment vote for this gear:
GATK20 Reviewed by: Jang0_Fett, on november 08, 2011

Features: Ibanez GIO series GATK20. This is a 22 Medium Fret, Basswood bass in a "Candy Apple" strat like finish with a rosewood neck with Pearl dot inlays. It offers an STD-M humbucking cermaic pickup, a tonality control knob and a volume control knob. Looks Impressive. // 8

Sound: It has an Agressive Bass sound more suited to the more rock genre of music, but plays clear full notes. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Bass was chosen in store and against other more pricey Bass guitars performed better. I believe it is well built. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The guitar fares well live and the hardware seems very strong and reliable. The strap buttons are solid and has a nice clean well made finish. I would be surprised if it were to fault any time soon. // 10

Overall Impression: I tend to play Rock music with fast rhythms and this seems to suit the music, I play through a Belcat V15B amplifier before I played through a Laney LX12 Guitar amp (stupid I know). I have been Playing bass since I bought this in august but I dabbled before as I have played guitar for nearly 3 year if it was stolen I would prefer another one of these to something of similar price range as I believe this Bass is extremely good for the price. It feels brilliant to play and I thoroughly enjoy playing it, however I dislike the frets which are a small amount bigger than other basses I have played most recently a 1973 Fender Precision Bass (Older than me!). Although the Bass appears to be fairly light the hardware seems brilliantly built and very strong. For the price I can't really demote this sweet thing and I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a Bass. // 9

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RG140 Roadstar II 9 Electric Guitars 08/21/2014