GSR100Z Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 08/19/2010 category: Bass Guitars
Ibanez: GSR100Z
It offers you the famous Soundgear sleekness, comfort, tone, and playability at a price that will astound you.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.5
 Features: 9.5
 8.4
 9.5
 7.2
reviews (2) 2 comments vote for this gear:
GSR100Z Reviewed by: Kizashmir, on august 05, 2005

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Features: It was made in 2004 in China, it has a 22 fret rosewood fretboard with a solid laminated top. The body is made of agathis and the neck maple. It is metallic silver. It came with one split coil pickup with a volume and tone control. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on the guitar was simply perfect the pickups were perfectly in place and everything was flawless. Nothing was wrong with it, I just sat down and played like it was nothing. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would withstand live playing, I have only had it for a short while and it seems that this thing would withstand a volcanic eruption. I would always use this as my number one. The finish on it seems that it will last as long as any Gibson Les Paul. // 10

Overall Impression: I mostly play blues, rock, and ska and it matches perfectly. I have only been playing for about a year now and only have one amp and it isnt the best but it will do. I would buy this again as many times as I could if I were to get stolen. My favorite feature is the sound it put out compared to my old bass. I compared this to Rickenbacker, Yamaha and Brownsville. I wish it had the P and J bass pickups for more of a tone difference but it still sounds awesome. // 10

GSR100Z Reviewed by: fitze12345, on august 19, 2010

Features: Ibanez is a Japanese brand guitar & they introduced the Soundgear bass in 1987. It is currently to date one of the most played basses. It features a thin maple fretboard with 22 frets, it has a solid top & comes in multiple colours (mines Grey Metallic). The guitars finish is just a solid colour which isnt to bad it still looks good, the bridge is a fully ajustable and it also has P-Style Pickups and it has a fully ajustable neck. Personally I think its a good looking bass. // 9

Sound: The sound isnt to bad it could be better for the style music I play which is straight out THRASH metal. I really only use a 15 Watt Behringer Ultra Bass BT108 but I use a bigger amp on stage through the 15 Watt it still sounds pretty fat but it sounds sick on the 60 Watt. A good feature is that it can be played with a bright or low sound. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: It was well set up in the factory and there aren't really any flaws really the only problem is that it becomes really badly untuned when left in extreme heat which is a common problem with all guitars but really I haven't noticed any other faults with it so I rate it 10/10 // 10

Reliability & Durability: It is a great guitar i handles well when playing live and for beginners its a really good model guitar which is guaranteed to boost your confedence. The hardware is pretty good but there is nothing to tell the bassist which knob does what but apart from that its pretty good. The strap buttons are solid but if they become loose you can tighten them with a screw driver. It is a well reliant guitar and I have played various shows without a back up. It will last and its easy to use, its not to heavy and its a brilliantly made guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: I play mainly Thrash Metal and it is a pretty reliant guitar, I have been playing bass for a few years now and prior to playing bass I played a bit of electric. Personally I favour Ibanez as a bass they're a well respected company which manufactures well sounding equipment I am currently saving up to buy a Ibanez ATK300 which is also a brilliant guitar. If it got stolen/lost I probably would consider buying it again but I wouldn't rush out to buy it. I wish that it had a more classic sound because I like the classic sounds that the ATK300 offers. But still I rated the guitar overall 10/10 // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ Artcore AFS75T 9.3 Electric Guitars 07/10/2014