ICB200 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 03/12/2008 category: Bass Guitars
Ibanez: ICB200
The IC200 has a much more '70s look and feel to it. It's got a thicker maple neck that augments the mahogany tone and sustain.
 8.5
 8.7
 8.3
reviews (2) 21 comments vote for this gear:
ICB200 Reviewed by: rob_the_useless, on february 14, 2008

Features: The Ibanez ICB200 is a 2004 model made in Korea. The neck has 22 medium frets, on a bound rosewood fret board with Vintage style pearl block inlays. The body is a remake of the classic iceman style on a mahogany body with a brown sunburst finish. The bridge is a gold plated B10 Ibanez bridge. The pickups are two passive mini humbuckers with gold plating. The controls feature three Vintage style knobs consisting of two volumes for individual controls and a tone. The tuners are Ibanez GB70s. // 8

Sound: I play metal and grunge mostly but this bass is better suited for older rock like AC/DC, Fog Hat, Kiss and generally older acts. I keep it simple an play it clean, but use a wah or some distortion from time to time, and it plays well with it. The guitar is surprisingly silent and has a great bright rich tone overall. Like I said the guitar caters better to older rock but does play older Metallica nicely. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought it used as a floor model so the action had to be tweaked on the E but was simple to do. Everything else was fine on the guitar. As it being a floor model it had a couple scratches on the back to be expected but was in generally good condition. The finish was a bit dirty but no dings or bumps and the neck was dusty looking but an easy clean-up. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I haven't played this guitar Live, but just jamming with the band for a couple hours, it seems to keep up. Everythings solid and trustworthy so far and I haven't found any big problems with it. It seems to be dependable and excellent as a backup or a main bass. // 8

Overall Impression: They only real complaint I have is the neck. The scale seams a bit short and at times seems to test me. The only change I would make is a better neck.If the guitar was lost or stolen I would probably get a different guitar even better suited for metal. The main reason I got the guitar was because of the looks of it. It has a Vintage vibe to it and a unique body shape. Overall this guitar is something any Ibanez player should check out. // 7

ICB200 Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 12, 2008

Features: This Bass, I find, is very efficient to the way I play, which is normally plucking. It was made in China and I have to say it has a really good build since it came from there. It has 22 medium frets and they the neck is quite but not very thin. The body is made from mahogany and the fretboard is made from rosewood. The body is really stylish and unique, it's nothing out of the ordinary and that's what I like about it. The pickups are Active and it has PHAT II EQ Electronics, the neck pickup is an IBZ DCS4N and the bridge pickup is an IBZ DCS4B. The controls on this are: volume, balance and phat II. I absolutly love this bass and I love the price I paid aswell. // 10

Sound: This Bass really suits my music style and that style is classic rock, heavy rock and everything else inbetween. My current amp is a Harley Benton HB-80B. This combination creates a very clean sound with hardly any buzzing, but that's more of a human error. When you want it to be, it can be very loud and overwhelming but it can also be very suttle and calm. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When I recived the guitar, there was not a scratch mark in sight, it looked untouched, everything was in working order when I first played it. The pick-ups are roughly half a centimeter below the strings but they can easily be lowered. Everything was how a nice, respectable bass should be. There was no loose controls, nicely filed fret wire, the tuning pegs are at just the right tightness, no rust anywere, just plain perfect. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have not played this bass Live yet but I will be on 13/03/08 so I'll be able to find out then but I'm sure it will be absolutly great. The hardware seems like it will last forever, aslong as it dosent go through some rough handling. The strap buttons are solid and tight, they feel great. I will definatly depend on this guitar and use it with pleasure without having a backup, this guitar is a real hell raiser. The finish looks great, it looks very solid and it will last for years of playing. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly heavy rock and you could not get any better guitar that suits my style for what you pay, it's as if you get more than what you payed for it. I've been playing for about 3 years and I've only just got my bass recently and it feels smashing. I would probably buy this again if it got lost or stolen, I wouldn't turn my back on this guitar. I love the sound this bass creates and how smooth it can be, I don't really hate anything about this guitar at all, My fave feature would have to be the body shape, people just go crazy when they see it and girls love it. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RG140 Roadstar II 9 Electric Guitars 08/21/2014