PGB2T Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 04/21/2011 category: Bass Guitars
Ibanez: PGB2T
This tribute bass seen here was created by Ibanez in conjunction with Paul's family and Slipknot management. It a must buy for Slipknot fans for the late Paul Grey.
 7.6
 9.8
 5.4
review (1) pictures (1) 29 comments vote for this gear:
PGB2T Reviewed by: SUICIDEXX666, on april 21, 2011

Features: For what I understand only the base guitar is what you get but it a must buy for Slipknot fans for the late Paul Grey which have the following features: Mahogany body Maple PGB4 neck STD-M bridge pickup for powerful humbucker sound Rosewood fretboard Medium frets B-10 bridge Cosmo black hardware This tribute bass seen here was created by Ibanez in conjunction with Paul's family and Slipknot management. A portion of the proceeds from sales of this bass will go towards a special trust fund for Paul's family. All the features is outstanding I have no problem with this outstanding bass guitar. // 10

Sound: The style that this guitar fits is in any slipknot song you can think of but for me I would keep it safe because this guitar is a masterpiece. I play this guitar once with my Line 6 amp and it sound so amazing that you gut want to keep playing. The only noisy thing about this bass guitar is when you turn that shit up loud so that everyone can here it from three neigihborhood down and get the cops all up your ass. For what I understand is that the sound that I used for this guitar is on my Line 6 with this guitar and if it make a great sound on my amp then it can make a whole lot of different sound with any other amps that you have. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This bass was well set up and I never in my life had any problem with Ibanez and it is one of my favoriet bass brand that I ever play and to own. I only play this guitar once but as far as I rember this guitar have the best pickups adjustment but a little problem is that it kinda get stuck but it may be mine but that is the only problem that I have with this bass. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Again I would keep it safe but this bass guitar would be great playing live with the hardware to which I see to last a very long time if not then it a rip off all the bottons that is on the bass is very unique. If you have a gig but forgot your bass then this would be a great back up because this bass is something that I think that can help with any style of music that you play but a fan of Slipknot. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall I love playing bass but this guitar should not be play on my side but other may say it ment to be play but for me I just keep it safe but for other my agree with me. It is a great guitar to tribute a great bass player who is very underated for what I understand but Paul Grey is not a underated band but a... // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RGIR28FE 9.1 Electric Guitars 10/22/2014