SR500 Review

7.6
reviews (2) pictures (1) 13 comments vote for this gear:
SR500 Reviewed by: Dyuha, on january 05, 2005

Purchased from: Music123

Features: - SR4 neck - 5pc Wenge/Bubinga neck material - Mahogany body - 24 medium frets - Rosewood fingerboard - Accu-cast B20 bridge - Bartolini MK1-4 neck pu - Bartolini MK1-4 bridge pu - Abalone oval inlay - Bartolin MK1 3-Band // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was very low right out of the factory, but the intonation was way off. Setting the 12th fret intonation was no problem, but the 24th was almost impossible. The pickups were just fine, and there were no flaws whatsoever in the construction and finish of the instrument. The pickups give it an excellent tone, and the neck is extremely comfortable. // 8

Reliability & Durability: 5 piece neck stays true through all but the most difficult climate changes. Extremely easy to play, and the tone is to die for. For the most part really solid, but the finish scrathes very easliy. The hardware will survive anything; the strap buttons are fine, especially since the instrument is so light. Otherwise no backup needed, you might want to bring an extra battery though. // 10

Overall Impression: The overall look of it is astonishing - a lot better in person than picture. If you are looking for a fast fretboard and the ability to play different types of music, this bass is for you. Very comfortable neck and a wide range of sounds with the EQ. The mahogany body with the Bartolinis make for a nice sounding, flexible bass. For the money, this is a very decent guitar. // 10

SR500 Reviewed by: Littlefroman, on march 13, 2007

Sound: Its sound is completely based upon what style you want to play. It's definitely more of a rock bass, but I've played with the settings enough to be able to get it more jazz or metal. It's always very clear with every note, especially with elixirs on it, and it stays in tune pretty well. No complaints at all. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I was fortunate enough to get a Brand New version of this bass, before it had been on the shelf long enough to get touched by endless people. The action came a little high, but I had a worker lower it before I purchased it. There weren't any dents, dings, scratches, etc at all. The finish is different, it has a slight grainy feel to it, which I personally like. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It seems like a very durable bass ever since I bought it, which was 4 months ago. I take excellent care of it, and have played a couple shows with it too. I feel like the 9v battery dies a little quickly, but I think 9vs are just short lived as is. // 10

Overall Impression: I primarily play rock (RHCP, Incubus, etc), and it more than gets the job done. With the different tone settings at my disposal, I can mimic most sounds and give songs a very personalized feel. I've been playing for about 2.5 years now, and this is my second bass, which I got after I had been playing for 2 years. What I liked most was it's perfect balance, sleek feel, and slender style. It's lighter in weight and feels very comfortable to play, especially since the next isn't as wide as other basses. My first bass was an Ibanez Geo, which was an excellent beginner's bass, and I just liked the feel of Ibanez. I highly recommend this bass for any intermediate/semi-expert player. I can't imagine needing another bass for quite a long time. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RGIR28FE 9.1 Electric Guitars 10/22/2014