SR905 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 01/06/2006 category: Bass Guitars
Ibanez: SR905
The SR905 is amazingly affordable but is loaded with must-have features for the pro-player: Bartolini MK1 pickups, the Bartolini MK1 3-Band EQ, Accu-Cast B20 bridge and an arched topped body of figured maple fitted with a 5pc maple/bubinga thru-body neck.
 8.3
 6.6
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
SR905 Reviewed by: Lespaulpunk, on january 06, 2006

Features: This is a brand new 2005 Ibanez SR905, top of the line 5 string before prestige series. 24 Fret, with abalone oval inlays. 35 inch scale. and a 12 inch radius neck. This is a sneck thru solid body with flamed maple wings and a maple/bubinga/maple/bubinga/maple neck, and a ebony fretboard. It has the Charcoal Brown Flat translucent color. It has a sound gear body shape, and a curved body, not carved curved. I think the steamed the wood and bent the bodu because the wood looks uniform so I don't think the carved the curve. Active Bartolini pickups, the sound is to die for, 3 knob EQ, this lets you get any sound you want out of it. All hardware is Ibanez with black-chrome, this looks so sweet, unfortunately nothing came wiht the bass but the store through in some pick holders. // 10

Sound: I play anything form school band to rock and it suites everything. At school I use a Peavey 300 W half stack, when I tried the bass I tried it in a lot of amps and it was best with a Ampeg half stack, which will be my next purchase. Since they are active pickups you get some active noise out of the pickups so I run it at half volume and its great. this bass suites any playing style you can try and think of. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The bass was almost perfectly set up, a bit of buzzing but that was fied with adjusting the truss rod. I can not find anything wrong with this bass. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Everything is impecable, it will withstand the most abuse you can give it before it snaps in half, the hardware needs to be polished because it tends to tarnish easily. I had a hard time getting the straps on and I don't even bother taking them off, because I would have to skip the gym that day. The finish will last I've played this yet can't see any wear on the finish and I'd trust this anywhere. // 10

Overall Impression: This bass is a great axe and suites me so well. I've played guitar for 6 years and bass for 2 now. I don't own my own amp yet because I normally don't practice at home because I get a ton at school. I would definetly replace this if it got lost or stolen, I haven't found a bass better then this at 2500 so for 1050 this is a great axe. I can't find anything I don't like and I can only love it. I tried this up against a lot of instruments from every brand the store had, it sounds and looks better then my dads Fender Deluxe 5-string J-Bass and I tried it against a couple basses at 2000 dollars and those basses had poor craftsman ship. I wish it came with a custom case. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RG140 Roadstar II 9 Electric Guitars 08/21/2014