SRX430 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 08/21/2012 category: Bass Guitars
Ibanez: SRX430
This bass is loud! Its got a very strong in your face growling bass sound. The high output pickups are very clean.
 7.9
 8.8
review (1) pictures (3) 1 comment vote for this gear:
SRX430 Reviewed by: milkface, on august 21, 2012

Features: Bought this bass in January 2011 from a local music store for R3400 (brought down from R4700). I live in South Africa, dunno what the exchange rate was then but its somewhere on the web for 450$. Its 2010 model made in Indonesia. Mahogany body, maple neck and rosewood fretboard with black hardware. Blah blah blah. You can check the other specs. // 8

Sound: This bass is LOUD! Its got a very strong in your face growling bass sound if I must say. The high output pickups are very clean. I use a Laney RB3 with a Bootsy Collins bass wah, Boss overdrive and chorus pedal. I own a Ibanez SR300, and I have to say that they are very different. The SR is bassy and "flat" but sounds beautiful for jazz and some deep bass sounding riffs. The srx is a more bright high output bass sound, which I loooove. I think it lacks a mid boost/cut control. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Bass was ready to go. Didn't have to adjust anything. Make sure you buy your gear from authorised dealers as not all guitars/basses are set up properly and some work needs to be done before it goes out of the shop. The finish is good, no visible flaws, unless you start looking under the pick guard or inside the body, but its a entry level bass that's expected, so dam good for me. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I LOVE this bass. It is solid. I picked it up and realised this is tank from day one. Had it for 1.5 years, never had one problem. The battery even lasts long and I personally don't hear a difference between a flat battery and a fresh one. Yep, the strap buttons are solid. that's another thing, The bridge! Is bad ass. You can tune low on this bass. Feels like standard. Nothing shakes, no funny noises, holds up. // 9

Overall Impression: I play heavy metal, punk, bit of funk and rock. I mostly play Pantera, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Trivium, RHCP, Down. I like to riff and groove and this bass does a dam good job. I was initially in the market for a 5-string bass, but when I walked into the shop and saw this thing, hybo! I bought it. NO REGRETS. I recomend this over the SR range (for metal and punk). I played SR300 and SR500, I still like the srx sound and feel. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ Artcore AFS75T 9.3 Electric Guitars 07/10/2014