SRX595 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 05/05/2009 category: Bass Guitars
Ibanez: SRX595
The Ibanez SRX595 is a muscular 5-string electric bass guitar, featuring the original Soundgear fast neck and comfortable body shape.
 7.7
 7.8
 7.5
review (1) pictures (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
SRX595 Reviewed by: Martin259, on may 05, 2009

Purchased from: Rimmers Music

Features: Active Bass. Neck: 3pc SRX5 neck NeckType: SRX5 Body: Basswood body/ Flamed Maple top Frets: Medium frets Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood Inlay: Off-Set Pearl Dot Bridge: Accu-cast B205 bridge NeckPU: PFR-5N neck pu MiddlePU: PFR-5B bridge pu EQ: EQB-IIDX 2-band eq // 9

Sound: The style of music that I play can range from Thrash metal, all the way down to Jazz. With the two pickups I can say that this range can be achieved. The bridge pickup gives a thick midrange tone whilst the other pickup gives a thick fat tone. I usually use direct input for my sound; but when I don't I use a Fender Rumble Amplifier. A Boss ME:50 Guitar Effects pedal and a Zoom multi effects. The sound can be impressive but the sound can be too phatt at times. It can be very noisy at times and gives the growling sound, but however it seems impossible to remove it. There is also a poor control over Midrange; it's a shame. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The bass was set up well but it does have a major fret flaw. The 1st fret is literally impossible to make any type of note on, due to intensive fret buzzing. The other frets seem fine, and it's a shame the 1st one had to blow it. Asides from that, the rest of the guitar is flawless. The pickups are placed fine and perfect, the bridge is placed perfectly and so is everything else. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I would play this bass Live, but only for certain songs. The bass has that rough tone which you cannot really get rid off unless you make the EQ nothing but high bass. The hardware seems like it will last, but I don't trust the frets with anything. I wouldn't take the bass without backup though, the frets feel like they will come out at any minute. // 7

Overall Impression: I play the genres of music, Numetal, thrash metal; then lighter genres such as Jazz and light rock. The match is good, but not perfect. I have played bass since the summer of June 2006 and I play with a Boss ME50 pedal. I like the feel of the bass, but not love it as the frets are way too loose. I hate how the sound can be all phatt sometimes. There is also a lack of midrange control which is a shame. So; Unless you play Korn all the time and don't want midrange... Go for it. // 8

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ AEL207E 7.8 Acoustic Guitars 04/14/2014