Variax 705 Bass Review

manufacturer: Line 6 date: 04/12/2006 category: Bass Guitars
Line 6: Variax 705 Bass
Variax Bass 705 is a high-quality, five-string bass addition to the Variax family of instruments. Exclusive to Variax Bass 705 is the ability to instantly call up a five-string version of a classic 4-string, vintage 8-string, or acoustic upright sound.
 6.9
review (1) pictures (1) 13 comments vote for this gear:
Variax 705 Bass Reviewed by: ironmaidenrulez, on april 12, 2006

Features: Very nice bass guitar. I much rather a 4 string bass because I find them simpler to use, and alot of my fav bands have four string. But still this bass is very good. Made in 2004 I think. Laminated top. Mahogany neck. Satin finish. Active electronics. What controls are given are the volume, bass, pickup manoeuvre, string change and bass sound chang. There nearly everything in it. There are no pickups so if you put your thumb on the pickup your going to have to change to like steve harris' bass technique. // 9

Sound: Well. It will suit everyone's playing style. If it don't then all you have to do is fiddle with the swithes and soon, after about 10 minutes you will find your true sound, and you can save it. But sometimes it takes more than 10 minutes, it took my friend about 3 days to get his sound truly sorted, but it took me 5 minutes, so, just depends what kind of sound you're looking for. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The bass action is the best I've used. The whole action was great. I cannot see any flaws with it at this moment, but if I start using it for gigs (which is not likly because I can't play any 5 string songs) it would soon get damaged like any other intrument. I have just found a flaw with it, the string broke really easily, bottom string broke easily. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The reliability is great. This bass will stand live play. All the hardware seems like it will last and the strap buttons are solid, apart from my strap kept on coming off of the buttons. The finish is perfect, you could not ask for a better finish. Honesstly, the reliabily is good, very good. // 9

Overall Impression: You could do any kind of music with it and it would sound good. Yes you would have to tune annd get the corrct sound for what you want to play, but other than that, it perfect. But as I said, I do not like 5 strings as much. To be honest though, I don't like this bass much aqs it is, I don't like the colour, and the action is, well, I don't like it that much, but thats me. Lots of other people might love the sunburst colour, but personaly, I hate it. // 8

More Line 6 reviews rating category latest review