Andromeda Dragon Review

7.7
 8.4
review (1) pictures (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Andromeda Dragon Reviewed by: roaddawg07, on march 10, 2011

Purchased from: local store used

Features: I believe this bass was made in2007 or 2008. It has a 24 fret maple neck with a rosewood fret board. It has a sculpted basswood body. A black high gloss finish with abalone dragon inlay. Which looks really cool and is what caught my eye in the first place. It has a monolithic bridge that can be top fed or string through, It has active electronics with a master volume, pick up blend knob, high boost/cut, low boost/cut. It has jazz pick up in the neck position and a MM pick up in the bridge position. Non locking tuners not sure what brand all the hardware is brushed nickel and seems durable. // 9

Sound: I play mostly classic hard rock and 80's metal with a little blues.I can get a variety of tones out of this bass, although it seems alittle weak for being active and is a little muddy, but can be cleaned with the eq on my amp pretty well. I play through a Peavey Tour 450 head and 410/115 cabs.I use a Berringer bass overdrive and a Bootsy Collins wah. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: As I said earlier I bought this used it was set up pretty well a minor neck adjustment was all it needed. It seems very solid. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have used this bass for many practices and a couple gigs and have had no problems. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall this is a very nice bass. (although if I had to pay full price new $650 I probably would not have bought it)This is a very easy and comfortable bas to play and only weighs 7 lbs. The neck on this bass is great very slim and the lowest action I've seen on a bass. I will likely up grade the pick ups, not sure to what yet. If it were lost or stolen I would try to find another. (I think they have discontinued the Dragon and Pheonix. I'd give it a 8.5 // 8

More Luna reviews rating category latest review
+ Andromeda Phoenix 4.2 Bass Guitars 01/28/2013