Creekside MCAB-500 Review

manufacturer: Morgan Monroe date: 11/14/2012 category: Bass Guitars
Morgan Monroe: Creekside MCAB-500
Beautiful wood finish, no flaws. It comes with a 100 year warranty.
 3.8
 7.6
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Creekside MCAB-500 Reviewed by: serfNY, on november 14, 2012

Purchased from: Adirondack Guitar

Features: Left Handed Morgan Monroe Creekside MCAB-500 Acoustic Electric Bass Series: Creekside Style: Acoustic/Electric Bass Top: Solid Sitka Spruce Back: Mahogany Sides: Mahogany Fingerboard: Rosewood Bridge: Rosewood Nut: Bone Keys: Sealed Die-Cast Frets: Stainless Steel Pickup System: Fishman 4 Strings: Daddario Includes Deluxe Gigbag // 8

Sound: I don't like the strings it came with. I ordered some Elixir 14502 Light Long Scale NanoWeb Acoustic Bass Strings (45-130), can't wait. Needs a lute hole cover plugged-in, lots of feedback. The pre-amp is ok, and the built in tuner comes in handy. I can use it even if not plugged in. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Beautiful wood finish, no flaws. The bass was not setup properly to my liking. The action needs to be lowered in my taste. The factory battery was DOA. Also having an issue with amp-in port, wiring may be loose. I would hate to have to send it back so soon. May just get it fixed locally. It comes with a 100 year warranty. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Overall I like the bass, even though it failed some quality control issues. I would definately recommend as a 2nd or 3rd bass, or 1st acoustic. I wish it had a 2nd strap button. The choice of woods use seem to be a great choice, that will last a long time. // 8

Overall Impression: For what I use it for, it works. I love the finish, the pre-amp, tuner and overall feel. Is there something you wish you had asked before buying this product? No. If it were stolen / lost, would you buy it again or get something else? Definitely yes. Did you compare it to other products? Which ones? To a Takamine. // 8

Comments