TB4 Review

5.5
review (1) pictures (2) user comments vote for this gear:
TB4 Reviewed by: somekid413, on may 18, 2011

Purchased from: Craigslist

Features: Figured I would throw up this review because there's just not a whole lot of info on this model. Its a P/J design with the Jazz pickup at the bridge and a split one at the neck. 3 knobs in what I believe is a jazz bass configuration (1 neck vol, 1 bridge vol, and 1 blend). A pretty cool looking mirrored flame graphic. The 2 best parts of this bass I thought were the weight, and neck. The neck plays really nice, I preferred it to my Squire Jazz. It also weighs about half as much. // 8

Sound: Not bad sound for what it is. I am not a bassist. I got this off of craigslist for my bassist but took some time to fiddle with it. It has a pretty decent sound, quite full with a nice range> I found it a little noisy, especially when messing with the pots, upon opening the back it is clear they are pretty cheap pots. Replacing them may help. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The action It came in was piss poor, but after a little neck adjustment here, a little bridge adjustment there, I got it to a really low action with no buzzing. I like it. // 9

Reliability & Durability: the guitar seems pretty solidly built. I would expect it to withstand a lot. My bassist destroys equipment (very sad for me who treats everything like gold) and this bass has lasted him without issue for a couple months after coming from a chick who clearly did not take care of it. // 8

Overall Impression: Seems like a solid entry level bass. I really liked the lightweight body. It seems like an excellent platform to slap some better electronics in and have a decent gigable bass. // 8

More OLP reviews rating category latest review
+ MM1 8.6 Electric Guitars 05/23/2012