Magnum I Review

manufacturer: Ovation date: 06/22/2006 category: Bass Guitars
Ovation: Magnum I
One piece double-cutaway Honduras mahogany body with clear lacquered finish, long scale bolt-on mahogany neck with graphite-carbon reinforcing strips (one visible through centre of neck, two invisible beneath fingerboard) additional to standard truss-rod.
 7.9
 8.2
 7.5
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Magnum I Reviewed by: blink-182.5, on june 22, 2006

Features: Well this is my first review so I might kinda sound cheezy but just bear with me. My Ovation Magnum was made in 1979 and it has 21 Fat Frets (I think). The neck and body is made of Mahogany. It has a special round bridge but it's kinda gay. This bass also needs two 9 volt batteries which is also gay. But this bass has a big ass humbucking pickup which makes it sound great, so I give it a 8. // 8

Sound: The bass sounds great, it can be used for all types of music but best for the classics, I used the bass with a Fender practice amp. Sorry the amp was abused so I couldn't tell what amp model was. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The bass was set up awsome at the factory but the area around the buttons is fragile, but that dosn't effect playing much. The neck's design sorta popped out, and the plate near the buttons is broken, but the tuning pegs hold the strings great. So I became a little disapointed. // 7

Reliability & Durability: My brother played this live many times 10-5 years ago, and my friend played this live once and it still is in awsome condition besides the plate near the buttons. This bass will last a long time, but the paint on the bridge, and the plate will probably come off, but I can get a new one. // 8

Overall Impression: I play Weezer, blink, etc. and this bass suits me fine. Sadly I've been playing for only 7 months but I love this bass' sound. I just hate the bridge cause it's so hard to change the strings and the plate which is fragile like paper, but it's awsome besides that. If this guitar was stolen I would stalk down the theif and then murder/kill/shoot/stab/pistol whip/etc. the person who stole my bass. Hope you enjoyed! // 9

More Ovation reviews rating category latest review
+ CC24-4 Celebrity 8.4 Acoustic Guitars 03/21/2014