Axcelerator Review

manufacturer: Peavey date: 03/03/2004 category: Bass Guitars
Peavey: Axcelerator
Two active humbucking pickups. "V" shape tuners. Volume knob, a pickup balance knob.
 5.9
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Axcelerator Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 03, 2004

Features: It's made in the U.S.A somewhere between 1996 and 1998. It has a Poplar Body with (I believe) a Pine Neck and a Rosewood Fretboard. It has an attractive, more like Precision body style, but not the same. It come in Cobalt Blue, Candy Apple Red, or Pearl Black, with Gold-colored hardware. It has a Tourtise Shell/Mother of Pearl Pickguard and is overall really an atteactive instrument. It comes with two active, humbucking pickups. The tuners are the same color as the rest of the hardware and have the "V" shape, rather than the "fluffy" cloud-like shape. It has a volume knob, a pickup ballnce knob, and then there's a "tone" and "style," both control the power of the sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar is put together really well. It's extremely stable and nothing is loose. The only thing I have to say is wrong is the wiring, being a complex sound sytem in the guitar, it has some complex wiring, but nothing has failed me yet. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is really durable, I mishandle guitars when walking through hallways and stuff. Yet this guitar only has minor dents in it and most of them were there when I got it. The only problem with durability is that Poplar wood isn't the strongest wood by any means, but the finish protects it well. This guitar has withheld all the abuse I've put it through, and I'm sure it will last for many years, it is, afterall, nearing 5 or 7 years old. // 10

Overall Impression: I play Punk Rock mixed with a bunch of styles so I have to have a Bass that will make just about any style, and this Bass does that. Not only is this the most attractive bass I've seen, but it also produces the greatest sounds. If it were lost, I would definitly get another, in fact, I'd get another If I could find one, just bcause they're so great. They're not easy to find in some areas though, but being Peavey's, pawn shops don't sell them for too much. The only fault I wish it had when I was playing is a thumb rest. This is my first and only Bass, but I have played a number of Basses and this one suits me the best. I would definitely go on stage without a back-up If I was sure that the batteries were still good. I Love this bass, and I can bareley even put it down. // 10

More Peavey reviews rating category latest review
+ Vypyr 15 7.9 Guitar Amplifiers 03/05/2014