Fury 5 Review

manufacturer: Peavey date: 07/01/2008 category: Bass Guitars
Peavey: Fury 5
As a result of Peavey's constant striving for technological advances, the Fury Bass Series offers active basses for prices that are unheard of. Solid maple necks, rosewood fretboards, and features to die for. Don't get mad, get Fury!
 7.9
 8.8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Fury 5 Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 01, 2008

Features: This is Peavey Fury 5. The year is either 1996 or 2003, but I know it's not regarded as one able to find much anymore. 20 Cirrus Shop neck, I believe it's a 32" scale. It's a rosewood with neck, with mother of pearl dot inlays and jumbo frets. It has a sunburst paint job, black-edged with the flame maple top visible. It's the same Peavey body as every other Peavey out there. Set-bridge, with active electronics. Volume, bass, mid, trebele, and tone knobs. Pickups are elongated humbuckers. With non-locking tuners. // 8

Sound: This bass suits my style like a dream. I play kinda everything in my own way, I've got the funk, metal, rock, slap, and it can take it all and spit out just as good. I use a a TVS 210 EX amp with a tour 700 cab. Now this amp, can produce some serious power and the bass makes that amp wish it was dead, I've hade the whole house shake with it on about 6. Now with this bass, you can make any bass noise possibly, you want a chunging noise, you get it. You want the twang of the strings, you get it. You want the ultimate reverb, you get it. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Now the action coming out of the factory was pretty amazing, it was for most people. But I had mine dropped by about a toenails width, just for that added mobility. The picks came just normal, flat straight across. I've raised each side opposite to each other, so one pickup picks up the differnet strings better. Everything else coming out was setup just perfect for my liking, except one knob was loose, oh welll I re-placed em anyways. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The bass has all ready withstood atleast 7 live shows and I've never had to switch to my Thunderbird, yet. So far the hardware and electronics have lasted over 3 years of use with out repair, and never yet had to change the strap buttons. The finish has a little marks here and there, but that's from my own stupidity. some chips here and there, but hey it makes it mine, This bass could outlast 3 popes. // 9

Overall Impression: I play every style and I'll use this bass for every single one. I've been playing for over 6 years now and I'm serious about my playing and this bass takes the cake. it's been used with a flanger once, and it worked great, but other then that no effects (getting A wah soon though). I couldn't Live iwthout this bass, it's defined me as a musician and as a bassist. I wouldn't trade it for the world. // 10

More Peavey reviews rating category latest review
+ Vypyr VIP 2 7.6 Guitar Amplifiers 06/02/2014