Zodiac DE Scorpio Review

manufacturer: Peavey date: 07/28/2008 category: Bass Guitars
Peavey: Zodiac DE Scorpio
Designed with veteran metal bassist David Ellefson Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio Bass Guitars are solid rock bass guitars featuring both split-coil and single-coil pickups.
 9.4
 8.7
review (1) 17 comments vote for this gear:
Zodiac DE Scorpio Reviewed by: l0rd0ct0d0rk, on july 28, 2008

Features: This bass was made in 2006. It is David Ellefson, ex-bassist of Megadeth's signature bass. This 4-string bass has a Double-Cutaway body. This bass also has 21 frets, a rosewood fretboard, and a sam Ash body. This bass's finish is black with a chrome pickgaurd. The electronics are passive. It has a string thru bridge. This bass has a Precision pickup in the middle and a Jazz pickup in the bridge. The pickups are both Seymour Duncan pickups. This bass has 2 volume knobs and one tone knob, but has no pickup selector Switch. This bass has butterfly tuners. The only accessory that comes with the bass is a deluxe padded gig bag. // 10

Sound: This bass has an excellent sound. I play everything from gospel to metal with this bass. I use this bass with my Fender Rumble 15 Bass Amp. This bass handles distortion very well, while maintaining a rich clean sound. This bass can make a variety of sounds with it's Precision pickup and it's jazz pickup. This bass can handle treble very well for that punchy bass sound. Or if you like to rattle windows, this bass can do that too! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The bass was set up ready to play, but the pickups needed a little adjusting. This bass had no flaws. Everything was perfect the day I recieved it. The finish was perfect. The neck was perfect. The frets were perfect. The saddles needed some slight adjusting before I started playing the bass, but other than that this bass was and still is excellent. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar withstands Live playing very well. This hardware is very well made, and has lasted me over a year of playing and traveling. I do depend on it. The strap buttons are fine, but the chrome knobs fall off occasionally. This finish was made to last, and I believe it will last over five years if treated with proper respect. I use it on my gigs without backups. // 10

Overall Impression: I play everything from gospel to metal. This bass' tone can be shaped for whatever you were playing. I have played bass for a long time now, and I will keep on playing. This is the only bass I own, but I own two electric guitars. I love the chrome pickgaurd on this bass. If it were stolen, I would cry like a baby. If it were lost, I would probably cry like a baby. But in the end, I would buy two more. I was given this bass as a substitution for another bass I wasn't of legal age to have. I was offered a Peavey Millenium, A Peavey grind, and a Peavey milestone bass. I was very persistent, so the guy just said, "I'll give you the best looking bass you will ever see." He also mentioned details and other yadda yadda about it. I think this is the perfect bass if you want to be in control of your sound. // 10

More Peavey reviews rating category latest review
+ Vypyr 15 7.9 Guitar Amplifiers 03/05/2014