RG4003 Review

8.2
 9.8
review (1) pictures (4) 1 comment vote for this gear:
RG4003 Reviewed by: bill reed, on september 21, 2012

Features: It's a 2011 Made in Indonesia. It has a thru-neck and is maple and has 22 frets. It has a laminated maple top and bottom and had a transparent finish. The neck has Double Truss Rod 570 mm Head Control. And has the typle Ric 4003 body and headstock. Body Binding: Chequer Style. It had a Ric type bridge without the damp. And is passive. It has a toaster type neck pick-up and a large horseshoe bridge pick-up. It has two volumes and two tone controls with a pick-up switch. Tuners are Open Gear Chrome L2, R2. Came well packed in two padded boxes. And had been set up before posting out and was only a little out of tune when it arrived. No real adjustments needed. // 8

Sound: It had a really nice sound on both pick-ups, and you can get the McCartney sound and also the Lemmy heavy rock sound too. I'm using a Line 6 bass amp and without using effects I can get a really good range of sounds out this bass. Between both pick-ups you get a very full and rich sound. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The bass arrived very well set up. The neck on this type of bass had very little bow and they strings can be set very low without string/fret rattle. Think this is set lower than any of my other 4 basses. Rich tone music did a great gob setting this up for me and was just how I wanted it, the neck feel really good and there is bags of sustain due to the thru-neck. There was noting I could falt on this bass. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It's a heavy bass about 10lbs but does feel very solid and like it could stand a lot of abuse. It has a really well made Ric type bridge and I think its better than the Ric one. Could I use it without a back up, yes, this think will last. Finish looks good only time will tell how it will last. // 8

Overall Impression: I play rock, blues, and pop. I think this could be used for all types even Jazz if you put flats on instead of rounds. Been playing since the 70s and this is my 5th bass. I have a Yamaha, Ephiphone, Le Marquis N.Y. Beatle bass and a Harper 5 string fretless. If it was stolen I would get another as its really a very good bass for the money. // 8

Comments