LX200B Review

manufacturer: Rogue date: 01/13/2004 category: Bass Guitars
Rogue: LX200B
Extended maple neck. Fast and friendly rosewood fretboard. Covered traditional-style split and single-coil pickups. 2 volume and 2 tone controls. Die-cast machine heads. Black hardware.
 7.9
 6.8
review (1) 13 comments vote for this gear:
LX200B Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 13, 2004

Purchased from: musciansfriend.com

Features: The Rogue LX200B has been made since bout 2000...and is now... Features an: - extended maple neck, -fast rosewood fretboard, -covered traditional-style split and single-coil pickups,(passive) -2 volume and tone controls, -die-cast machine heads, -24 frets(also comes ina fretless adn 5 string) -and black hardware. -finish is METALLIC red, charcoal, or blue). // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything on the bass was good from the start...I wish I hadn't changed anything...the playablity is great..there is enought action for a funk player or for as simple as a player fairly new to bass..the only thing I changd when I got it was the height of the stringsd from the neck..it was too high to play above the 12th fret..so I recommend changing it for beginners and maybe a little for experienced players. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Ohh after all I've done with this bass..it has held up great..it hardly goes out of tune...even in extreme temps.the hard ware is good quality..I think it will last as long as I will! The strap buttons are solid.. recommend hand tightening them when you get though..it always helps to do small things when u get it..the finish is good..the only nick I got on it was when my friends misused it..there are shallow scratches o it from my chains..nothing below the finish...no fading either..there are always room for probs but I normally I wouldn't carry a backup when using this bass... // 8

Overall Impression: I play Metal and Punk and Oldies every now and then....the playability matches what I need. I've been playing for 4 years now. I'm 14 but I know quality wheni see it..I've been around bands my whole life and hanlded many instruments but I feel it is a good over all bass. I own probably 2 other basses and 6 guitars..I'll put it this way in the right conditions..this bass will play like an SG bass!! If this bass was stolen I'd spend the rest of my life trying to find it or I'd buy new 1's forever!!! I reccommend this bass for anyone willing to spend 129.00 to 169.00 for quality to match the price... // 10

More Rogue reviews rating category latest review
+ Analog Chorus 7.3 Guitar Effects 02/03/2014