C-4 Review

9.4
 7.5
review (1) 7 comments vote for this gear:
C-4 Reviewed by: punkbass479, on january 30, 2006

Features: The stunning C-4 features a mahogany body with a highly figured quilted maple top, a multi-laminate maple/walnut neck, EMG pickups with a 2-band active EQ circuit, an S-Tek bridge, body and neck binding, and the popular Vector abalone/pearl inlays. // 9

Sound: I play old punk and metal, and occasionally funk-rock. This is probably the best slap-bass I've ever played, and thats coming from a guy with a j bass. I tried it on a backline 210. It took a little adjusting to get it not so fuzzy, but other than that, no pickup errors. The first thing I noticed was that it was just plain loud. I had the bridge volume all the way up, half on the neck, full tone on both. I started to slap on it, and after playing around with it for a while, I just had to say, EMGs are the best slap pickups around. The highs on this bass are excellent, the lows are ok. I'd definetaly slap, thumb or use fingers on this. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: There were two at the guitar center, and one had too small a nut, so the strings were really close to the fretboard making them buzz to much. The other was perfectly setup, and I'm not just saying that. My one complaint is that gloss finishes smear real easy, but after you polish it a bit, the black with the body binding looked just oozed dark vibes. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It's very tough, excellent gigger, I'd never replace it. I'd probably use my jazz bass and mabye a musicman (simply for tonal variety), but if I had to, I could gig with it solely. // 9

Overall Impression: I love the evil look, the high-ended slap sound and those stripper inlays are just plain wicked. I'd use it with ghs boomers if I were you. I compare it to the stilleto and the c4 plus/elite. Schecter basses are underrated and one-of-a-kind, but picks dont work well with it so theres one small problem. Pick this one up if your looking for a second or third bass. I love it, you will too. // 10

More Schecter reviews rating category latest review
+ Stiletto Custom-6 7.8 Bass Guitars 08/13/2014