Stiletto Elite-4 Review

manufacturer: Schecter date: 05/06/2009 category: Bass Guitars
Schecter: Stiletto Elite-4
Neck-Thru Body. Mahogany w/ Figured Maple Body. Multi-Laminate Maple/Walnut Neck. Rosewood Fretboard. 24 Jumbo Frets. S-Tek Bridge. Grover Tuners. Gold Hardware. EMG Hz Pickups.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.5
 Action, Fit & Finish: 9.5
 9.6
 9.8
 9.3
reviews (2) pictures (2) 22 comments vote for this gear:
Stiletto Elite-4 Reviewed by: psychobassist, on march 11, 2004

Features: Made in Korea, but dont let this give you the wrong impression, this bass is amazing. 24 frets, Mahogany body, neck through construction. For controls you've got two volume and two tone controls, a set for each of the two EMG Hz soapbar pickups (stock, yeah, EMG's stock on a 700 bass). 34" scale, grover tuners. The bridge is pretty nifty, with a seperate piece of hardware for each string. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This bass plays like something three times the price. If you're into slapping, this is the bass for you. I find myself being able to play remarkably faster on this bass than on any Fender or Warwick, and this bass is much more inexpensive than any high end instrument. I also own a Warwick Corvette Proline and this thing is definately comparable in every aspect. Everything was set up very well, the people at Schecter really know what they're doing. It comes with EMG's and Elixer's so that's a nice plus. I didn't have to do any tweaking when I got it home, it's great. Oh, and another thing, this bass is very nice looking. Quilted black cherry finish is gorgeous. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Totally solid, neck through design is solid as a rock. The hardware and finihs have held up very well after having the bass three months. Besides the scratches that everything's going to get with playing, the bass still looks new. // 10

Overall Impression: If you're looking for an relatively inexpensive bass that plays like a Fodera, definitely check out the Schecter Stiletto Elite. When I was looking for a new four string, I was considering the Fender Marcus Miller Signature bass, Warwick Streamer LX, and a couple others as well. I picked up this bass and fell in love, I play it more often than my Corvette Proline which cost about twice the price. I'm telling you, this bass is the way to go. // 10

Stiletto Elite-4 Reviewed by: shelldevnull, on may 06, 2009

Features: The 2009 Schecter Elite-4 is made in South Korea. It has 24 jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboard. The neck is 5piece neck-thru, made of a maple/walnut lamination. The body wings are solid mahogany with curly maple tops. It's a gorgeous bass, with a see-thru black gloss finish that really shows off the curly maple. The body is like a european Fender thing, being ergonomic like a Fender, with slight differences. You have a combo topload/string-thru bridge with active electronics. You got a Master Volume, 2 tone knobs and a master blend knob (basically, you can blend in how much of the bridge pickup or neck pickup you want. You get two EMGhz pickups with one at the neck, and one at the bridge. You have Schecter non-locking tuners that hold up pretty well. It comes with some allen wrenches too (Oh so special!) For $750 you're getting this gorgeous bass that's awesomesauce. // 10

Sound: This bass suits my everywhere playing style nicely. My style is just whatever has a catchy bass line, be it Ice Ice Baby (Yea. Vanilla Ice.) or Cat and Mouse by Red Jumpsuit. I did have problems with the upper pickup on my amp, it would buzz when i had it turned up with the blend. But this was only on my amp, so the bass isn't to blame. It had a nice full sound, from mellow to growly. You have a lot of variety in your hands when you pick this bass up. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was amazingly low, but i did get some fret buzz on the E string, but that was easily remedied. The pickups were adjusted correctly, and the top was purdy. Yes. Purdy. The bridge was set up right too with intonation. I didn't have any problems when i got the bass. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will stand up to Live playing, provided you take a little care about it. It holds fingerprints all too well, so you might want to have a polishing cloth. The finish does scratch if you're stupid and drag the thing, but it's a solid bass. The strap buttons are a great size and they're dependable (But still get lockers). Yea, you can go without a backup. // 9

Overall Impression: I play anything from Iron Butterfly to Lazy to Whatever I feel like. It's a good match for me, because it gives me plenty of tonal versatility with a low price. The only thing I wish I had asked for when I bought this was nothing. I picked it up and I felt the power surge through my finger tips. If this were stolen by someone, I would get a new bass from my warranty, find the guy that stole my bass, beat him over the head with a tire iron, and take it back. That way, I'd have two basses. When I decided to get a bass, I compared it to a Fender 2007 American Standard Jazz. It was a super close battle, with the Schecter coming out on top because it has more aesthetically. I wish it had nicer inlays and pretty LEDs. The standard white dots are kinda boring, but the 12th inlay (A mother of pearl Diamond) Is pretty nice. // 10

More Schecter reviews rating category latest review
+ Stiletto Custom-6 7.8 Bass Guitars 08/13/2014